Joystick For Battlefield 2 ?....

Associate
Hello all,

Im looking into getting a Joystick for Battlefield 2 to fly the planes and chopper as when i fly a plane with my keyboard and mouse i can seem to follow the enemy. I have around £30 to spend on this. I was thinking of the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (GC-002-LG) Seems like it has the same near enough layout as the Wireless logitech one. I also want the joystick to be well built sort of thing lol. Well ?....

Thanks.

Associate
saiteks have great build quality and a good feel to them.
ive not used a logitech stick before so cant comment on them, microsoft ones are ok too, but they feel a bit plastic'y.
how often do you fly a plane? as i doubt you will like going from keyboard/mouse to a joystick for heli duties, i thought it was very weird anyways.

Soldato
Datamonkey said:
MS force feedback II here, good stick, had it years now and no problems with it at all.

What I have been using since I paid £90 for it when it first came out, has a giant USB sticker on it :D

Good stick, and very easy to use.

Associate
I have got a wired version of the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro its great and in your budget no problems whatsoever. Make sure you get one with a twist rudder control as Heli flying without it would be very hard indeed!

Associate
I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo, they can be bought for under £30 including delivery and I find it completely adequate for flying planes (4 axis Throttle Lever, Roll (Twist Stick), Up/Down, Left/Right), its the USB wired version and doesnt have force feedback. However I find it much easier to fly an heli with the mouse and keyboard probably due to lack of practice / convinction of getting use to it with the stick as I dont think there will be a real benefit (Also I tend to be in and out of choppers more than planes so it would be a bit more inconvenient.)

Associate
so, is it easier to fly with the joystick in BF2? personally im crap flying and have thought about using a joystick before, but seeing a mate using the mouse and kb combo and flying > < that close from the scenery makes me being to doubt my abilities in general.

Associate
It takes practice / getting use to if youve not used one before, but its a lot easier once the basic skillz / coordination are acquired, but more importantly its far more fun that trying to faff around with the moues and keyboard to do it.......

Soldato
I Bought the Seitek Cyborg Evo for BF2 hoping it would make me a better pilot, it didn't. Can't fault the stick though, the ability to adjust the controls so they fall naturally to hand is great and there are more than enough fully programmable buttons on it, as well as throttle control.

The key to BF2 piloting skills appears to be lots of practice rather than the controller you use.

Soldato
Also have a 3D pro. great stick, but it does take some practice, and sticking at it. As it can get frustrating, but once you stick at it a couple of days, you will get the hang of it. And I found it better than the mouse/keyboard, as I could manover much more freeley.

Back
Top Bottom