For those of you who attended last year's SW Meet..

Soldato
Afternoon all.

Who remember's last year's Southwest Motors Meet? More specifically, who remembers the pub?

A few days ago in work, I spoke to the new managers of The Old Inn at Widecombe in the Moor. The pub has recently been bought out by Hall & Woodhouse (a brewery based in the Southwest).

Seeing as i work for Hall & Woodhouse, I'm entitled to 15% discount on our food bill, for the next meet, if we decide to go there again.

Just thought you'd all like to know :)

Don
That's the way. The place was pretty good apart from them complaining like hell when we all wanted to pay seperately, despite there not being a table service.

When's the next SW meet?

Soldato
OP
Rilot said:
That's the way. The place was pretty good apart from them complaining like hell when we all wanted to pay seperately, despite there not being a table service.

When's the next SW meet?

The impression that i got from her (the manageress) was that the place has had a refurb, and its all different now. The bossy/rude bar manager has gone (the bloke who was whining), and its full table service.

Not sure on the next SW Meet, could be around May/June.

Soldato
Bring on the next SW meet. I couldn't make it to the last one, unfortunatly.

I think June/July time is best for the next one so we can take advantage of the summer weather :cool:

Man of Honour
well the on the last one I, got very very lost and saw the sea, drove through about 5 tanks of petrol, got sunburned and killed my ipod.
It was great fun :D Will totally be coming down for the next one, although its a bit of a shame the hairdresser's convoy might be a little short without willgill :(

Oh and good news on the pub, although the steaks better not change, they were great :)

Soldato
better make sure jez doesnt come along... last time I nearly slammed into him on the m5 when he decided to stop ! :eek:

I also got terrorised on the moors by silver mondeos not liking me wanting to overtake :p

Soldato
The last one was my first OcUK meet.

Whenever the next one happens put my name down on the list, I should be able to make it.

My Rev1 wasnt even running well and driving my new one should be great fun.

Man of Honour
Was reading in Autocar the other day how good the roads on Exmoor are.

Like the ones on Dartmoor, but no:

a) Cars
b) Other people
c) 40mph speed limit.

So that'll be for the win, then.

Soldato
Yay, the win!

88977.jpg

Back
Top Bottom