• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1900xtx voltage regulater temps

Soldato
ok just put my waterblock on my x1900xtx, currently got it running at 712/800, not tried higher as of yet. core temps are 45c but the voltage regulator temp is hitting 95c :eek: cant remember what it was like with stock cooler one.
What kinda temps are you guys getting? and is 95c too much??
Cheers

Soldato
Mine are hitting 97'C :eek:

Core @ 44'C load, GPU area @ 40'C load.

I have two 120mm Akasa Ambers pointed at the card, but not much of the air reaches the Vreg area.

I have seen some people take the Vreg sink off and use AS5 on the mosfets under there. I'm thinking of doing the same, except with something totally non conductive like ceramique.

The padding thing looks pretty thick from the pics of the sink, so is probably not very good at transferring heat to the sink.

Soldato
Concorde Rules said:
I would, but then the mem gets cooked and fails. Its quick enough atm ;)

How will the mem get cooked? Just up the Vcore.

And it's NEVER quick enough, that's why we're on OcUK ;)

This forum needs to get more extreme, man! (But then I guess that's what XS is for, huh?)

Associate
alphcool doo a water block for the mosfets also a full cpu water block that does the memory to Iv ordered one .anyone use one of these? and what temps they getting with it? I used a maze four on me old 850 but decided id like a full gpu and mem block the old maze kept everything at 27 at max the 850 could give I think Ill fit the mosfet water block to ill let you know how I get on with me xtx crancked right up.

Permabanned
you can get alphacool blocks for the vregs on the x1900

Tom

3794_1.JPG

Associate
they are designed to handle the heat but 97C thats hot. A 120mm fan spinning at around 1000rpm will get you into the 50-60C range without any added noise.

Associate
well I fitted an Alpha cool full cpu and mem block well *** can I say Crancked me ATI 1900 xtx up full throttle put on quake4 in ultra mode played fer a couple a hours then battlefeild 2 fer a few hours of flawless fun never left 28 degrees mind you this is a dual 120 rad I have with 1/2 inch id tubing. The only prob if it is one was that the way the barbs leave the block specially with the thicker tubing is that its a struggle to get the side back on so be carefull. Oh and dont worry bout the regs I left on the original heatsink and added more to the exposed part of them. My side window fan blows directly on to them so they never go above 30 right thats me sorted till next month when the newer cards come out and leave mine lookin very old and me very depressed.

Back
Top Bottom