• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2.6ghz northwood's

Associate
hi there, i have an old 2.6ghz northwood celeron in my dad's pc atm, and was wondering how well these overclock? i cant really get the stepping info from the cpu's IHS as my dad would freak. anyone have one? what results did you get overclocking it? thanks in advance..

Associate
GAMEfreak said:
hi there, i have an old 2.6ghz northwood celeron in my dad's pc atm, and was wondering how well these overclock? i cant really get the stepping info from the cpu's IHS as my dad would freak. anyone have one? what results did you get overclocking it? thanks in advance..

I just swapped my setup from a P4 2.6 NW HT to an Opty 146.

The 2.6 did 3.0 at stock volts, and 3.25 with a bump on the volts. I ran it at 3.0 as I didn't like it running over 50'c. Though to be honest, the Epox monitoring was pants - it regularly spiked to 70'c + !

Not sure how this will apply to the celeron version, but usually they run as well or better because they have less cache to act up at the higher fsb.

good luck

mj

Associate
i have a 2.8

allough mine isnt oc'd due to the stiupid board i have - they will do about 3.4+ if a decent stepping

thing is it would still have a rubish fsb so nm point :(

Associate
i've got a 2.8ghz Northwood and I've got it running at 3.0ghz no problem.

I can benchmark it at 3.2ghz, again with no problems but I've got no desire to push it that hard at the moment.

Thats without any increase on the volts, just adjusting system bus.

Soldato
I wouldn't bother tbh, The old NW Celerons are rubbish, and even clocking them to 4ghz would be about the same performance as a 2.6ghz P4. Definately dont go buying a new motherboard to overclock this chip.

Permabanned
i had an old northwood celeron 2.2, i got it up to 2.7 on stock volts, still sucked all ass. You should change to a northwood P4, theyre much much faster, and if you get a goos stepping can eaisly go over 3.5Ghz. My 3.0 northy sits at 3.75ghz constantly :D.

Back
Top Bottom