FAO : Anyone who can read chinese

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone could read this?

chinese.gif

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
lol, I went to see Aladdin at the old vic at christmas, and they put the words to a song down in chinese, and some kid yelled that out :D.

It wasnt me i promise :D

It looks like an adress to me though, so prolly doesnt mean anything interesting. Not getting it as a tattoo are you? Its deffo Mandarin though, not "Chinese" :D

Soldato
OoOverclockaoO said:
No, I'm not getting it as an address! If it's an address that would be a good sign, as it would be an address I'd like to find out !

I reckon its deffo an adress, but my Mandarin is very rusty. I dont think there is an english translation. Most Chinese businesses have a PO Box that can be translated internationally but your avarage house or business wouldnt have one of these so translating is a problem.

Its deffo upside down and Mandarin though :D

Caporegime
maddad68 said:
THAT ... is not chinese...its mandarin ... it looks like a warning of some kind

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~mespore/MEMsg.gif

Chinese and madarin is one and the same.

Mandarin is simiply a speaking form.

The written form has 2 version

Simplfied (Thanks to Chairman mau for butchering the elegant form of...)
Traditional

The one there is Traditional Written Chinese, no it isn't upside down, or say ORLY? My reading and writing of Chinese has literally gone down the toilet so I can't tell you what it says. It does look like one of those 4 word sayings thou. Chinese language has a lot of these 4 word mini poem/sayings where sometimes has a back story to it and it can mean a hell of a lot with just 4 words. Its a language where simple reading of the words at face value doesn't cut it.

That too, it could say "EXIT" :D

kidding, it doesn't say EXIT.

Associate
Raymond Lin said:
The one there is Traditional Written Chinese, no it isn't upside down

You got most of your stuff right though that Chinese writing is indeed upside down. It is also in simplified Chinese although whoever wrote that has horrible handwriting :)

If I am correct, that shot is taken from an parcel sent via airmail or something, first two words say "Airport", the last two words, I can hardly make out though the third word looks like "approx.". Taking a rough guess, I'd say "Airport Destination".

Back
Top Bottom