What else do I need?

Associate
Ok, my comp specs are pretty much tip top and im running out of things to buy for it that will actually make a great deal of difference.

Please suggest some kewl things to make my comp look/perform/be nicer, anything accepted (dont say water cooling coz im already fully aware I could get this and will be soon)

Specs:

Main:
Athlon 64 3500+ Venice
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
2 gig Corsair TwinX 2-3-3-6
XFX 7800GTX 490/1300
1 x 36gig raptor (for windows) (sata)
1 x 7800.8 seagate 200gig (sata)
1 x Samsung spinpoint 200gig (Sata 2)
580watt HiperX psu
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro ZS

Other:
ASUS Star Ice CPU cooler (if i replace with it will be either with water cooling or the new gigabyte cooler)
4x 120mm fans
3x 80mm fans
Coolermaster Stacker Case
CD burner
DVD/lightscribe burner
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Qpad masterpad mouse mat XXXL
red/blue/green cold cathode (theme of case is red, blue n green)
21" CRT Monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Sound System
Speedlink Medusa 5.1 Headphones (none usb)

Think thats about it, im gettin desperate for things to upgrade now and have started upgrading my other comps coz iv run out of things that I think will make a worthwhile difference to my main comp other than things that cost like £700 or things like lights.

Please suggest something/things kewl, hehe

Associate
I'd save the money, it doesn't seem like you actually need anything. No point fixing something that isn't broke. If it does what you want, looks the way you want, then that's fine.

But dual-core? :D

Soldato
This has to count as the most ridiculous thread ever, you're basically saying "My PC is fine and I feel a vague urge to spend large amounts of money, tell me what to buy".

Associate
OP
PinkPig said:
This has to count as the most ridiculous thread ever, you're basically saying "My PC is fine and I feel a vague urge to spend large amounts of money, tell me what to buy".

and theres something wrong with that?

muckymick said:
20'' lcd widescreen monitor ?

I was thinking about the new LG 20.1" TFT to replace my 21" CRT (which can go on one of my other comps), TFT will be easier to take to LANs.

Dnt want widescreen tho as resolution is a bit weird, 1650x1050 or w/e it is, only game that really does it comfortably without looking weird is Half-Life2.

Associate
Well, since you want to spend some money...

Upgrade your 3500+ to an Opty 170 (or higher, depending on how much you want to spend) and have some fun clocking that. Should be a whole lot nippier with 2 cores on there. Alternatively, you could try and SLI your graphics, or replace that aging 36gig Raptor you have with a nice new 150GB version (which are both quieter and faster), ore replace your CRT with an LCD.

Loads of things to spend money on yet :)

Associate
OP
sounds like some gd ideas, il look into the dual core optys

the 36gig raptor is only for windows, dnt rly wana spend £270 on hdd and only get another 150gig, *** rather get a coupla more 200gigs for about £60 each

I will be getting a TFT, just gota deside on one, min req:
none widescreen
1600x1200 or more
lower than 12ms
atleast 800:1 contrast
20"-21"

theres sumone on MM selling another one of my gfx card, the 490/1300 one, so i might SLI my 7800gtx :)

Back
Top Bottom