Next Call of duty to take on terrorists?

Soldato
Ok all I can say is that Call of Duty is the best in the series of WW2 FPS games. I think there are already too many anti-terrorist games for this one to work at all. Everyone knows that hunting terrorists isnt just shooting people who look threatening, unless its an all out war. So how is this going to work?

Associate
sounds like a great idea actually.
their still catering for the fans of WW2 games and trying new things. imho, the WW2 genre is a little stale now, its been done to death, cod2 didnt really offer anything new over cod1 except a better looking game engine.

Associate
Why are they on about releasing a new version of CoD when they should be supporting the current version?
Could it be that M$ are holding the strings in the AV/IW camp?

The reason the CoD2 patch with PB has been delayed is due to M$ wanting the Xbox 360 patch out first then the pc patch to follow.

So CoD3 = BF2 clone then?

Robb

Soldato
nobody has perfected the anti terrorist genre yet... there have always been some major flaws in each game that tries

cod and cod2 have pretty much nailed down the whole ww2 scenario of games in my opinion

Associate
Sleepery said:
And the anti-terrorist thing hasn't?

fair point, but the ww2 genre has nothing more to offer does it, atleast with current age stuff you can have new technology included and new weapons etc.
theres nothing new that can be included in the ww2 stuff thats not been seen before. thats all i meant

Soldato
Vietnam for the win in my opinion.

COD has always been about the atmosphere, how do you do that in a terrorist game.

On the other hand Vietnam has it all, intense jungle combat, napalm exploding all around you, underground tunnels, chopper combat.

Would be magnificent, especially if they have a 'ride of the valkyries' mission :D charging through the jungle manning your chopper machine gun, taking out the enemy while the jets drop the napalm...awesome to the max.

Associate
the vietnam thing is a worthy bade to a game i think. theres a few games that spring to mind that use the scenario, but none of them really work too well. it would be great to see them go in that direction actually. id buy it for the music alone if it was anything like BF vietnam :cool:

Soldato
I'd like to see a WW1 game or even earlier than that. The problem with bringing the period forward imo is you lose the proper bolt action rifles and everything becomes automatic, ie spray.

Associate
There's been a few desent attempts at Vietnam FPS games, I think the best of the bunch was Men Of Valor, that was a great FPS, only let down by its save point system, we need a quick saving Men Of Valor next :) (I still completed it It just had some very annoying save points where it auto saved such as when I was on around 3 health then it saved, and a very tough section followed (to take over a hill near end, with no health in sight argh).

The budget game Line Of Sight Vietnam was also a good sniper FPS, but a bit dated now (was 2003 but it used an old engine, cant remember what off now, game still looked pretty good though). It also had a good mutli play community, small but was good to see familair names each night had some good DM maps and some excellent CTF missions.

Vietcong - I thought that was crap so gave in half way through (nice intro music though).

Associate
The anti terrorist game is going to be pap I reckon considering it's likely to be made by the same dudes as Big Red One, the Normandy game does sound pretty damn good though. I'm guessing it's going to be like UO was to CoD 1

Permabanned
this should prove interesting. im fed of WW2 games and i like the way in bf2 you can fly planes and choppers n stuff and attack ground troops.
and its highly likely to be a better game than bf2, simply cos a bunch of n00bs didnt make it :p

also, theres another game out soon, ghost recon: something or other. kinda a bf2 style game, but... WITH MORE GAME TYPES!!! ctf is still there i think, but teams get given missions and stuff.
maybe someone can go look it up and make a thread on it as its released tomorrow supposedly. wether its console tomorrow and pc later on i dont know, but worth finding out.

then in summer armed assault.

this is going to be a fun year!! :D

Back
Top Bottom