Antec Sonata II Piano 450w owners...

Associate
I placed an order with OcUK 2 weeks ago and it included the arctic cooling silentium T2, they are having bother getting these in stock and i just wanna get the new machine built!

So im thinkin of swapping the T2 for a Sonata II. Just wondered what those of you who have bought this case think of it? Mainly i am concerned about the noise level of the PSU and case fans as the system i am building is gonna be as quiet as poss. Ive got a Zalman for the Cpu and one for the Gpu..

Anyhow opinions please! :)

Albaba

Associate
I have the sonata II - the psu will not be any problem for noise at all. Was just testing last night to isolate where my noise was coming from and with just psu it was silent from more than a foot away.

I have a zalman on my cpu running the suppiled fan controller at lowest speed. Plus the supplied 120mm case fan running on the low setting at the rear (there is low med high via a little dongle switch) - and then a asaka amber 120mm fan by the hdd and zalman on my gpu both runnnig from a 5v rail.

With these 4 fans running (all at low speeds) the loudest thing seems to be the hard disk!

I just installed the ducting pipe thing last night and these seems to have damped any fan noise there was.

I've not overclocked but it even with all fans fairly low it keeps cool enough.

Certainly an excellent case for quietness - although working on it with the ducting installed is impossible almost - that'd be my only complaint though!

Back
Top Bottom