Coffee - Blue Mountain Jamaica

Soldato
I decided to order some Blue Mountain Jamaica from Whittard of Chelsea as I've not tried this before.
As others in the office wanted some good coffee & tea we grouped the order to get free delivery (orders over 50ukp are free in the UK).

Well it arrived this morning and I've made the first cafetiere of this.

I have to say - it's mellow, exceptionally smooth but confident taste without a hint of bitterness (which shows a good roasting). It has really nicely balanced coffee taste with subtle hints of nuttyness and a long smooth pleasant aftertaste.
The coffee has no hint of a caffine bitterness either - except it slowly but surely hits (there does seem to be a good amount of caffine in it!).

Very Impressed. As I usually go for something a lot stronger in roast but this has altered my perception of milder coffees as I usually find them lacking in taste.

If your a coffee nut - it is definately worth trying. :D

Soldato
I got a giftbox from Whittards at xmas with various coffees in there, I think I've got some of that Jamaican stuff a go
icon14.gif

Man of Honour
I bought a couple of bags of real coffee beans home from the Blue Mountains in Jamaica a few years ago, I basically got conned into buying it by a reefer puffer in a hut, it was rank:)

Soldato
OP
lol - must have been smoking the roast..

I think I'll keep this as a shot in the morning coffee.

Nick.

Man of Honour
And if it's from Whittards it will be insanely overpriced. For those who live in/near Cambridge, the Coffee Shop in King's Street sells the stuff for about half Whittard's price.

M

Soldato
OP
Meridian said:
And if it's from Whittards it will be insanely overpriced. For those who live in/near Cambridge, the Coffee Shop in King's Street sells the stuff for about half Whittard's price.
M

Yup - one of the things I'll be doing is looking at other retailers as they offer different coffees.

The Roast and Post Coffee Company does Blue Mountain for £36 for 500g compared to £38.88 for Whittard.

Smith's Coffee Company does Blue Mountain for £25.79 for 2x250 packs (ie 500g). Not sure of the delivery costs but it seems to be £5..

Information that is missing is if they do the roasting themselves or just retail pre-roasted and ground packs.
All that changes the flavour.

Back
Top Bottom