Antec p180

Associate
Hi guys building a new pc soon and having difficulty settling on a case. i've looked at a few around and with cases i find i generally get this instinctive feeling whether i like them or not when i look at em.

atm i can't find much else in my price region that i like bar the antec p180 (pity the nice black ones are gone). it seems to be getting good reviews i was just wondering does anyone have any issues with it? is it a good one to get or should it be avoided like the plague?

also i was thinking of modular tagan psu for it does anyone know any issues with this psu as i'm aware the placement is different on this case?

thanks

data

Soldato
Some of these case have lots of issues, but the majority of them are good solid cases.

Get one, if it seems like its about to fall apart send it back and the next one will be fine :)

I have only known 4 people to have issues with this case, and considering how popular it is it does not mean its bad by any means, although I personally consider the PC7+ to be far superior in the build quality stakes.

Cases are very personal, you like the P180 and you wont be dissapointed with it I do not think :)

Soldato
I have the P180. Its a good case! I bought it because I wanted a quiet yet cool system and it does the job well when you get quiet fans for the CPU and graphics card. The only problem I found with it is that the door is a little flimsy but it doesn't bother me that much. You will also have to check that your PSU cables can reach to everywhere they are needed because the PSU is mounted at the bottom in its own chamber.

gadget - You cant get window side panels for the P180 because the case is designed to be quiet and the side panels play a big part in that with there 3 layers so a window will only make things louder.

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

I'm currently looking to make my pc a lot quiter, and it seems that the P180 is possibly the best case (at a standard budget) for this.

However I am wondering how much of an improvement I'd actually hear, I currently have a Chieftec Dragon.

Soldato
Quite a big improvement if your using a dragon.

If your going for less noise, then from a Dragon this will be a huge leap.

Associate
I <3 my P180, bought one recently for my new computer and its a lot quieter then my coolermaster. Great quality and cooling, easy to work with. No problem sleeping with it on.
Only problem was with my Hiper 580W PSU (PSU problem really, not case) - had to remove the lower compartment fan to make space for the cables.

Associate
m0rte said:
I <3 my P180, bought one recently for my new computer and its a lot quieter then my coolermaster. Great quality and cooling, easy to work with. No problem sleeping with it on.
Only problem was with my Hiper 580W PSU (PSU problem really, not case) - had to remove the lower compartment fan to make space for the cables.
I have the hiper 580w psu and p180 case and to get around the space problem I switched the 38mm fan in the bottom compartment with the 25mm fan from the top blow hole.
It was a bit tight but did manage to use bottom fan. :cool:

Associate
I have a P180 and I too swaped the lower case fan with one of the thinner top fans, This allowed me to use my Hyper Modular 580W PSU. The lower fan has to be removed from its mounting and screwed manually to the other side of the partition. ( Hope this makes sense! )

I had forseen that my cables would be too short so bought the Silverstone extension cable kit. This extends both the 24 pin & 4 pin aux power cables.

The rest of the set up was fairly straight forward. Its not the roomiest case around but has dropped my case temps loads and in conjunction with an Arctic cooler for my GTO card temps have dropped massively.

At load the card used to hit high 80'sC. now max seems to be around 55C. A huge difference.

My workstation is now very cool, not quite as quiet as I thought it might be but does what it says on the tin.

Back
Top Bottom