what will this psu/case power?

Associate
I really like the look and price of the Arctic Cooling T2 Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case - 450W Seasonic Silent PSU (CA-001-AR) but after a fewsearches am still unsure what this psu would power. Ive read a lot of good reviews on seasonic psu's anyway and the reviews on the case all mention powering a pentium 4 2.8ghz with geforce 6600...but where the power stretches to in todays technology is anybodies guess. so, anyone got an idea what this would power? and anyone actually got one of these recently?

cheers Jamie.

Man of Honour
The PSU in question is 350w continuous and 450w max as given by the Arctic Cooling website however they are good PSUs and will be capable of powering most systems without any real issues. You could always try a PSU calculator to see roughly what sort of PSU you need or if you post a budget then maybe someone can advise you on a good case and PSU to go for :)

Associate
OP
still waiting on my home insurance company to pay out...basically £850 to spend. with all the hype surrounding opterons and the value for moneyi was thinking of an opteron 165/170 and with the ati cards goin cheap might even go for a 1900 XT, previously specced 2gb of g.skill hz and would have one sata hdd and 1 x dvd writer. Im doubtful of getting all that running on the case/psu combo in question but if someone had a good spec running in it with some game performance numbers i could be persuaded to buy lesser components and maybe get myself a new monitor. thanks for the replies so far and hope someone has a new pc with this case!

Associate
OP
semi-pro waster said:
The PSU in question is 350w continuous and 450w max as given by the Arctic Cooling website however they are good PSUs and will be capable of powering most systems without any real issues. You could always try a PSU calculator to see roughly what sort of PSU you need or if you post a budget then maybe someone can advise you on a good case and PSU to go for :)
i read somewhere that most systems barely break 230w, but id not want to risk wasting money on the silentium and then having to rebuy a high power psu.

Associate
Jamie1984 said:
still waiting on my home insurance company to pay out...basically £850 to spend. with all the hype surrounding opterons and the value for moneyi was thinking of an opteron 165/170 and with the ati cards goin cheap might even go for a 1900 XT, previously specced 2gb of g.skill hz and would have one sata hdd and 1 x dvd writer. Im doubtful of getting all that running on the case/psu combo in question but if someone had a good spec running in it with some game performance numbers i could be persuaded to buy lesser components and maybe get myself a new monitor. thanks for the replies so far and hope someone has a new pc with this case!

Oh that's pretty beafy then, better to look at a more powerful PSU as 350W seems a bit low for that rig. The Tagans are quite popular. And then get a case that doesn't have a PSU e.g. Antec SLK3000B Midi Tower Case - No PSU (CA-027-AN)

Back
Top Bottom