OC'd Athlon XP 2000

Associate
I decided, in my last hope of desperation, that I would overclock my AMD XP 2000 to get the last bits of juice out of it.

I can only OC it a little though as the mobo I've got, as far as I know, doesn't allow that much OC'ing (ECS K7S5A).

This is the highest I could get and that was using CPUFSB to change the timings.

Oh and are the RAM timings any good?

Any ideas? I'm hoping to get an opty soon :D

CPU.gif

Soldato
I have that CPU in another PC. You should be able to take it further than that - my board is trash and it auto overclocks this CPU to 1800MHz without pushing more volts through (although this is a Thorton core).

Now I have a better cooler, I may try to do this by hand. You can probably afford to raise the VCore from 1.7 to about 1.75 if you're watching temps quite closely. People have got these CPUs surprisingly high - 2000MHz (although that may be on H2O).

2.5 3 4 6 isn't bad imo but I'm no RAM expert.

Good luck with it.

Associate
OP
Well i put it one higher to 142 on the RAM and FSB clocks and my PC locks up.

I can't change the Vcore coz my mobo won't let me change any of the settings (Or can I some how?). I got a rather beefy cooler for it so temperatures shouldn't be a problem.

Associate
Are you locking your PCI clocks? If not that is what is stopping your overclock. Without locking these they will overclock proportionally with the FSB and cause severe unstability.

Be brave try going straight to 166FSB and see if it fires. If you have the multiplier unlocked, clock it down to 11 at first, ramp up the fsb and see what it can hit.

Associate
OP
Nah I can't get at the multiplier coz my mobo won't let me.

I tired 166FSB, 33.3PCI and 166RAM and it locked on me so I had to reset. I can't seem to go higher then 138FSB, 34.5PCI and 138RAM :( Its annoying me greatly at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom