• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which VGA Cooler?

Associate
Hi

I've just recently put together my first build and its been running well for about a month or two.

However, my next task is to try and reduce the amount of noise it creates, i've changed the case fans already so to reduce the noise further still i would like to replace or modify the original fan on the graphics card.

I have a 'Leadtek GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)' (not overclocked) and i was wondering what an ideal replacement would be?

I would prefer it to be as quiet as possible but i'm obviously prepared to sacrifice a bit of noise to get better performance out of it.

Any suggestions as to a replacement would be appreciated, also by doing this will it void my warranty?

(p.s - is the Zalman FS-V7 Fatal1ty Copper VGA Cooler any good)

Cheers

Associate
I would definatley go for a Zalman VF700 or Fatal1ty, great coolers and nice and quite in silent mode. You could use a fanmate like I have to get a nice balance between cooling and noise.

The Zalman VF700 has a slightly less powerfull fan version compared to the Fatal1ty.

Man of Honour
Zalman are thought pretty highly of as mentioned above.

You will void your warranty by changing the cooler as you are no longer operating it as standard but it isn't normally that difficult to do and the gains in terms of performance/silence often out-weigh the disadvantages.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply guys.

Your recommendations seem ideal as they can be controlled, thanks for defining the difference between the two Zalmans (VF700/ Fatal1ty) as its not always obvious.

I have a Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower CPU Cooler, which has a fanmate - is it possible for it to control two separate components?

Also, by replacing the original cooling system, can it be reattached at a later date if it had to be sent back for whatever reason?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

It's not possible to run 2 fan's with a single fanmate. You can buy them for around £6.00-£7.00.

They used to sell them here but I can't find them anymore.

You can re-attach the original cooler.

Once you've taken off the original fan then that's suppose to void the warranty. But as long as you take care when taking it on or off then I reckon you could send it back no worries.

Associate
OP
Hi Tim

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you have any idea when the Zalman VF900 is due to be released? and is it worth waiting for? (over the Fatal1ty)

In the pic that you attached i can see that they are also using the Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower, just like my system at the minute :)

Associate
OP
Has anyone got any further information regarding the Zalman VF900, plus any news on when its released?

I've read somewhere that it would be out in 2 weeks but i think that was 2 weeks ago :rolleyes: , so any info would be grateful.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom