• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Associate
So would it still be worth buying one of these cards, looking for it to last about a year or so from this point on?

Never really do anything major like flashing BIOS's, but I see all the talk about the 'latest batch' allready having the extra pipes, but with an old core, would make them less good? :S

Currently running on an OEM x300SE with 4 pixel & 2 vertex pipes, overclocked to 400core / 230 memory which has lasted about a year and a half, looking for a card ~£100 which will do the same...

I guess it would be ideal if this card allready had everything unlocked, as I wouldnt be at all confident flashing it and not being able to return it ;)

Permabanned
OP
f3llah1n, get a second hand GTO2, one of the first batch, its cheaper than a new GTO2 and it will clock far better and will probably already be sold pre modified anyway.

Associate
I just hold of one of the new (?) Sapphire X800 GTO2 LE VIVOs. All sixteen pipes enabled out of the box, and clocks to 580/610 (so far).

Well pleased.

Soldato
my mate has just bought a gto2 with the pipes already unlocked. just one quick question.

he can overclock it using ATI tool, but is there a way to apply these at boot. I havent got a clue, i have a card from the other camp :)

thanks

edit * ignore me, my mates just emailed me saying he is not even useing the beta version of ATI tool .... DOH! *

Last edited:
Associate
Yea don't use the beta version ,I've found it to be buggy.

ATI tool has options to applie the o/c speeds on boot up.

KITT
That's some awesome clock speed you've got out of that! :eek: :cool:
What's the vGPU mod?

Latest on my brothers C3D GTO ,it unlocks to 16 pipes :) ,strangely enough the GPU clocked higher with 16pipes :confused: also strange was that ATI Tool would not back off the GPU clock on 'find max core' the whole PC would just lock when it hit ~526MHz :confused: ,RAM clock's lower with 16pipes, I guess because of the extra heat.
Anyway it would seem its max stable clock's is about 520/505 ,though longer testing needs to be done.

Permabanned
OP
thumper said:
link to original iso doesn't seem to be working - any chance someone could rehost it for me as i've only just got round to doing this :)

thx

edit: scratch that found it here : http://fobi29.free.fr/x800gto2/bios/16pipes/X800GTO2MoD.iso

google is my friend :)

:eek: someones stolen my work!! thief theeeeeeeeif! :D

glad someone else hosted it, i have no where else to put it and my old place doesnt seem to work anymore.

Associate
download link is dead.is there anyware else i can get it from.does the mod work for a HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X800 GTO ICEQII TURBO 256MB ..

Associate
just flashed mine,it worked fine.ON ati tool it says 16pipelines but the stock speed is the same as it was before, is that right?also when flashing do u have to type anything in when the A:\ Comes up or do you just press 1 to enable 16pipelines.i no the thread is a bit old now but any replys would be appreciated ;)

Permabanned
OP
well, if its the mod i made for this thread then you should have a menu option... if it doesnt give you 2 options then its not my mod and i cant help you :( i have fixed the download link but be advised ive never known anyone to use it on a HIS card. it was made for the sapphire GTO2`s

Associate
Just a question, after you flash this card, what performance do you get? In terms of Nvidia, what version number would it compare with?

Permabanned
OP
danceMB said:
Just a question, after you flash this card, what performance do you get? In terms of Nvidia, what version number would it compare with?

a little under a stock speed 7800 GT

7800GT = around 7K 3D05 marks
X800GTO2 = around 6.5K 3D05 marks

Back
Top Bottom