• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Leadtek A400GT Death

Associate
My Leadtek 6800GT I bought in the July sales on overclockers died last night! :( Pink corruption lines and coloured blocks in bios etc on 2 pc's. It died randomly on a web page of all things - screen went pink for no reason and it was FUBAR ever since.

I contacted leadtek customer support and as a longshot also told OCUK. To my complete surprise OCUK actually replied and have given me an RMA number already! Amazing service tbh, leadtek didnt even reply.

Thing is they say in the RMA email that they require the box etc - mine is at home and im at uni atm... :(

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any dealings with the leadtek RMA department before? Or for that matter if anyone had RMA'd a card to OCUK; how long does the process take on average etc? Finishing uni in 3 weeks ish so I just wanna get an idea of where I should get the replacement sent + who to go with!

Mul

Mul

Associate
SandmanX said:
My Leadtek 6800GT I bought in the July sales on overclockers died last night! :( Pink corruption lines and coloured blocks in bios etc on 2 pc's. It died randomly on a web page of all things - screen went pink for no reason and it was FUBAR ever since.

I contacted leadtek customer support and as a longshot also told OCUK. To my complete surprise OCUK actually replied and have given me an RMA number already! Amazing service tbh, leadtek didnt even reply.

Thing is they say in the RMA email that they require the box etc - mine is at home and im at uni atm... :(

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any dealings with the leadtek RMA department before? Or for that matter if anyone had RMA'd a card to OCUK; how long does the process take on average etc? Finishing uni in 3 weeks ish so I just wanna get an idea of where I should get the replacement sent + who to go with!

I RMA'd a PCI-e Leadtek A400GT recently for a system built for someone, and I got a replacement very quickly. I did it direct through ocuk

Mul

Associate
OP
Cheers :)

Just sent the 6800GT off to OCUK today - hopefully get something back soonish :D

Bloody thing cost £7 to send special delivery, massive copper heatsink didnt exactly help!

Leadtek still havnt reply to the email I sent them. They seem completely useless when it comes to RMA's.

OCUK = :D

Associate
OP
I was wondering that, seeing as AGP 6800GT's dont seem to be made anymore :O

Hopefully they will manage to get me a replacement, was loving this card til the screen went all pink :|

egt

egt

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Wonder what you'll get as a replacement, they may give yer a 7800 GS lol

Only if he's very lucky. But yep, it would be nice if they sent him the best AGP card available...the 7800GS :D

Back
Top Bottom