Orange Contract questions

Suspended
I got my first bill today for a contract I took out last month, any idea why they charge you for an extra month in advance? Also im supposed to be paying £25 a month but both charges for both months show £29.78

Man of Honour
gib786 said:
I got my first bill today for a contract I took out last month, any idea why they charge you for an extra month in advance? Also im supposed to be paying £25 a month but both charges for both months show £29.78

On any contract mobile you always pay normally a month in advance.

Service starts from the day you take the contract out, however, so it depends when your billing date falls.

Quick example.

Join on 1st of the month.

Billing date is the 30th of the month.

First bill that comes in will have line rental in arrears for between 1st and 30th of the month when you joined, plus your standard line rental charge for the following month in advance.

After the first month you only pay the line rental in advance.

The £29.78 doesn't sound like line rental, more like the now (mostly) defunct line connection charge of £34.99 inc vat.

What you should have on your bill is something like.

Line connection £29.78
Waive line connection -£29.78

Which has nothing to do with your service plan.

If you're on a £25 a month talkplan your talkplan cost will show as roughly £21.28 + vat

What sort of thing does it say on your cost summary (normally page 2) if you don't mind me asking.

Man of Honour
Right, at the top you've got the line rental in arrears, then in advance (the two lots of talk time 120, the first is billed pro-rata hence why it's less as it's not a full month) Your talkplan is definitely £25 a month inc VAT.

Then you've got the promotions billed the same (even though there's no charge).

Then you have the line connection charge I mentioned in my previous post, and the credit to zero it.

Then you have your £50 buyback credit. (again shown without the VAT)

Right at the bottom you've got the charges for out of bundle usage as well.

Bill all looks fine to me, that's how all first bills look :)

Suspended
OP
excellente so basically i'll be paying 8.89 plus the vat then? also the 3g try data, do i get to use that free for 3 months then i get charged for it or is it free for the 12 months?

cheers for the advice! (first time contract for me, always been a sim free phone guy)

Associate
I think the data is free upto a certain limit for the first 3 months only. If I understood them correctly that is.

Back
Top Bottom