Postage Tips

Soldato
The best postage service is 1st Class Recorded for items worth <£28 and RM Special Delivery for anything above that. For larger items it's worth looking in to seperate couriers etc, but for RAM Special Delivery is probably best.

Caporegime
RM standard parcel is pretty competative for larger items but with RAM you should probably go for RM special deliveray as said above.

Suspended
nope you keep the reciept with you incase the item gets lost, best of sending it royal mail special delivery, will cost £6- £8 but will be fully insured up to £500

Soldato
You're supposed to IIRC - though I never got mine back the one time I had to send a motherboard back (though this was back when getting through to them was practically impossible).

TBH does it matter what you put it in? It's broken already isn't it? What's the worst that can happen?

fini

Soldato
Standard Parcels would be cheaper than RD or SD but it isn't recorded so if it gets lost in the post and OcUK claim to have not received it you've got a fair bit of hassle on your hands.

Soldato
Phil99 said:
Standard Parcels would be cheaper than RD or SD but it isn't recorded so if it gets lost in the post and OcUK claim to have not received it you've got a fair bit of hassle on your hands.

that's not always the case. i assumed that sending a graphics card standard parcels to someone would be cheapest but the bloke behind the counter in the post office told me it would cheaper to send RMSD. worth checking out first... :)

Soldato
You can also always ask for it to be signed for on delivery, doesnt cost that much. I send stuff 1st class and signed for a lot. Obviously its dependant on the value.

Also could look on Royal Mail web site, lists a lot of stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom