xp home or pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I would personally got for pro as I do use some of the extra features in pro, but all the features in professional are just about there in home but hidden, and if they're 100% not there then you can download a 3rd party program to do the same thing.

Craig.

Soldato
chex said:
I would go for pro always

I am so fed up with people arbitrarily recommending Windows XP Professional without even knowing what the extra features are, tell me one of them that you use regularly.

(And your signature isn't allowed)

Associate
If you're just planning on running games and the normal browsing/word kind of stuff then go for home as it's cheaper. Pro offers extra features, but most of which an average user never uses.

The other option is the media centre edition, which is basically XP Pro (minus the ability to log onto a domain - although you can enable this with a bit of registry tweaking) but it's cheaper, and includes the media centre software.

Soldato
This is getting ridiculous. Why exactly do you happen to have a licensed copy of both? Either you've wasted someone's money or you're a pirate filling the place with spam. Either way no one can give a correct answer to "home or pro, one word". If the other CD and license is going to sit in a cupboard then you may as well install XP Professional, but you won't use any of the features that XP Home doesn't include.

Soldato
PinkPig said:
I am so fed up with people arbitrarily recommending Windows XP Professional without even knowing what the extra features are, tell me one of them that you use regularly.

(And your signature isn't allowed)

I don't mean to start an argument, and this is the only thing I'm going to say, I'm not going to argue.

Why get stressed over someone liking XP Pro over XP Home? Chill.

Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom