• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GT + 7900GTX = ££? the big question

Soldato
I have seen the specs and have seen the benchmarks... But the big question is what price will they retail at? I heard rumor that they would be cheaper than the 7800gtx but couldnt grasp why??? :confused:

I cant wait until tomoz because then i can finalise the price of my new build all waiting on the GPU card.. :p

Associate
*cough* pinched from a google search:

The Geforce 7900 GTX 512 card is set to cost €549 in Europe. Some partners, however, plan to price them higher. The guys like EVGA and BFG and partially XFX always like to price their cards more than the others.

The Geforce 7900 GT is set to cost around $299 in the US but Europeans will be able to buy this card for a more realistic €329. It is close enough anyway, but I think that different partners will price them differently.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Jamie1984 said:
*cough* pinched from a google search:

The Geforce 7900 GTX 512 card is set to cost €549 in Europe. Some partners, however, plan to price them higher. The guys like EVGA and BFG and partially XFX always like to price their cards more than the others.

The Geforce 7900 GT is set to cost around $299 in the US but Europeans will be able to buy this card for a more realistic €329. It is close enough anyway, but I think that different partners will price them differently.

I've read that, if that's anything to go by, then the 7900GTX should be £376, hopefully that's VAT inclusive, otherwise we're talking over £400, from sources I heard it wouldn't be. :confused:

Soldato
I posted the prices earlier today for XFX cards, £319+VAT for GTX and £215+VAT for GT XXX these are not rumors that is the price, and like I said earlier I'd imagine OCUK to be slightly more expenisve than this to take advantage of first day buyers.

Soldato
OP
I posted the prices earlier today for XFX cards, £319+VAT for GTX and £215+VAT for GT XXX

so the 7900GT XXX is £215 + VAT , thats cheaper than the 7800GTX Ocuk ? :confused:

but which is the better card to buy?

Last edited:
Associate
time will tell! still a few weeks till *** gt is released and im sure if the 7900gt outperforms the 7800gtx gibbo will be on to nvidia renegociating some pricing (as with the excellent drop in ATI gfx cards ;) )

Caporegime
Journey said:
Why does everyone thing the GT is 2 weeks away, it's out tomorrow.

The GT and GTX should be released today. Every source I have ever read states this.

On the 23-24 the GT and GTX Duo cards come out and the QuadSLI generation begins.

Back
Top Bottom