overclock a nvidia geforce 5200 256mb

Associate
Hey,

Getting a new pc so was just woundering if any 1 could link me to a user guide on how to overclock am new to it all so thought i would start on my old pc ( nvidia geforce 5200 256mb ) just for soem fun and to try and get the hang of it and it has a vantec pci card fan next to it so can stay nice and cool.

Cheers guys all help appreciated.

Soldato
Right click desktop > properties > Settings > Advanced > Click the top right tab (your graphics card's s name) > then if installed correctly click Clock Frequency Settings

:)

Soldato
young lad said:
lmao i dont think the option even goes that high lol

i think he's having a laugh at the expense of your card.... :p

those cards are crap and no amount of overclocking is really going to make a worthwhile difference to performance. but like you say, it's good to practice on an old pc. :)

Soldato
young lad said:
Is 300 low for a pci-e card and high for a pci card? or the lower the better?
Higher the better. A good card like the 7800GTX will score about 8500 as a point of reference.

Don't bother clocking that card. I overclocked my FX5200 Ultra - I did about a 50% overclock on the lot and performance increased by about 3% I calculated.

Soldato
young lad said:
Well i have this and its ok for cs 1.6 with 100 fps but source it hits around 20-30 fps:(
Yeah, I remember it ran fine for CS but source was appalling. Try 800x600 everything on low - that would run playably for me.

Back
Top Bottom