ALWAYS RESETTING CMOS

Associate
Hi guys, system specs: abit fatality an8 sli, 7800GT, 1gig corsair plat 440025pt, 74gig raptor hd.

My problem is, ive been bluescreening quite a lot lately, but computer usually restarted fine, and got me into windows. But now, whenever i blue screen i have to reset the CMOS every time. This also happens if i push the reset button, if i restart through windows, or even if i turn my computer off, and then back on. all bios settings are on optimal. Any suggestions as to what i should do would be most appreciated.
Regards

Soldato
This is quite common with Abit. Does it freeze when you try to save changed BIOS settings or does it simply fail to recognise them after a restart?

If it's the latter then you might need a new CMOS battery, if it's the former you may need to RMA the board.

Associate
OP
WJA96 said:
This is quite common with Abit. Does it freeze when you try to save changed BIOS settings or does it simply fail to recognise them after a restart?

If it's the latter then you might need a new CMOS battery, if it's the former you may need to RMA the board.

It seems to fail to recognise anything, and another thing i forgot to say is that whenever it restarted (when it used to restart without resetting bios) the windows clock would go to 00.00. Ive flashed the bios, but that was a while ago, could you link me to a stable BIOS if possible......
regards

*update* i noticed that the error on the blue screens are PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA which apparantly are related to RAM issues mainly, so i took a stick of RAM out, and was able to run my comp without any blue screens, after an hour or so i swapped the RAM for the other stick and found i had no end of problems. I then downloaded memtest and ran it on the stick that caused me problems, left it on overnight, but no errors were found :( im really confused, could this be a memory problem, a mobo problem, or something else?......
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom