Any lower league football fans here?

Associate
I did a search on this but couldn't find anything:

I have noticed that there are many threads here about the Premier League and a few about some bigger Championship stories but almost nothing about any leagues below that (understandable - the goings on at Braintree Town are hardly going to rock the foundations of football :o ). As a supporter of a Conference team (Dagenham & Redbridge) I was wondering who else here supported a team in say League 1 or below?

Associate
I occasionally go to see Elgin City in the third division up here with a few of my mates from back home now and again, although I certainly wouldn't class myself as a supporter.

Associate
I follow Peterborough. I try to go when I'm not at Arsenal but don't go as much as I did when I was younger and got in for £3 :D . My Mum and sister do go a lot (had season tickets until this season) and think we have a good chance of going up this year.

Soldato
When I was just a little boy,
I asked my mother what will I be?
Will I be Stevenage? Will I be Woking?
Here's what she said to me:
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON!
You'll never be Stevenange ****
You'll always be Woking son,
'Til the day you die.
Wash your moth out son,
And go get your father's gun,
And shoot all the boro ****,
Shoot the boro ****.

(Rhymes with come and begins with s)

Last edited:
Associate
i've always been a manyoo fan but I go and watch my local team Mansfield town when i get the chance, I was a season ticket holder a couple of seasons back.

Soldato
My mate at work is a Carlisle fan and Ive been over to Brunton Park a couple of times this season.
I went a few times the last time they were in the league (and got relegated).

Its better this season , they play some good football at times - Michael Bridges even looks like a good player!

Im going to the stadium formerly known as "The Reynolds Arena" a week on saturday for Darlo / Carlisle followed by Newcastle / Liverpool the day after - Magic!

Soldato
lee7 said:
i've always been a manyoo fan but I go and watch my local team Mansfield town when i get the chance, I was a season ticket holder a couple of seasons back.

Just do yourself a favour and lose the Man Utd bit :p

Associate
I support Oxford United - my 'family' team
and also keep a eye out for Rushden - my local team

Both of them are complete pants at the moment though - I am hoping I'm not going to be following Conference football next season!

Man of Honour
footman said:
Brentford
Exciting times at the moment, I didn't think they'd be able to keep scoring after DJ went but they've proved different.
As good as in the play offs now, but you know what happens in them, so automatic has to be the target.
Martin Allen won't hang about much longer if they don't get promotion though:(
If West Ham didn't get promotion last year he would have been offsky...

Back
Top Bottom