PC-7B plus info?...fans

Associate
David9799 said:
Does this case have a removable motherboard tray and what are the fans specs?

Looks like 80mm in the rear and top can't see the front. Can you get a window side panel for it? If so whats the part number.

No it doesn't have a removable motherboard tray. No idea on fan specs.

That picture does show 80mm rear fan, the original PC7+ in th UK was shipped with the 80mm rear fan - this is not the case now as lian li have listened to their customers - but you are advised to check with the shop to make sure it has the 120mm rear fan, as there may be a few old one floating around. The front is a 120mm. I'm not sure on the top fan if there is one at all.

The window for the PC60 will fit the PC7+ iirc (but don't quote me on that)

Associate
i had one deilivered from ocuk last week specs i got were 120mm fan in front 120mm fan in back and blow hole at the top was empty rdy for a 80mm fan if you wanted to fit one

i beleave for a while now that they have been comeing with 2 120mm front and back

so JCBeastie what it says is not always right

Associate
JCBeastie said:
Can you people not read!

"12 cm ball bearing x 1, 8 cm ball bearing x 1 "

JCBeastie

Thanks for your helpful comments....... However, if you read my post above you would understand the validity in the OPs post due to the fact that lian li have taken on board customer comments and are now shipping the Plus with 120mm fan at the rear - which they did from the start in the US and other European countries.

As already mentioned there may still be cases in UK shops which were shipped at the begining that would have the 80mm fan.

Soldato
The PC7+ and all PC7 variants currently in production are dual 120mm with a blowhole on the top (80mm).

These are all that are basically shipping now, although some retailers have mixed stock so label it as 120mm / 80mm to cover themselves.

Last 10 that I know have been bought from OcUK have been the 120mm/120mm :)

Associate
I'd still be wary when ordering.
I asked via webnote last week and was told that they were as listed, and had been checked.

Soldato
Yeh but someone had a PC007 delivered from OcUK ;)

You have to check, but hopefully the PC7+II will clear everything up.

Associate
Does everyone have both of these fans running? I have just built my new system and it's noiser than I thought it would be. I think most of the noise is coming from the front fan so I am disabling it tonight and I will monitor the case temperature over the next few days.

One thing I will say it was a lovely case to work with for my first build :)

Soldato
If you are using the stock cooler on the graphics card, or a northbridge fan on your motherboard; these often make much more noise than the case fans, just because they have to push a lot of air yet are really small.

Associate
I am using a big typhoon on the CPU which is quite quiet. The northbridge is passive so it's not that. I will take a look later to see and post the results here.

Last edited:
Associate
just received a silver PC7+ from OcUK this morning and mine has 2x120mm fans.

just like to say thanks to everyone who raves about this case.
that's what swayed me, and my god am i glad i did, this thing is gorgeous, for the money.

can't wait to get it kitted out with my new rig this weekend.

Associate
yeah sure, they're white.
well i say white but it's more like semi translucent with a white tint.

and re the badge on the front, on mine it is only silver, there's no green on it.
maybe only the black ones have green on the badge.
then again, the brochure that came with it shows the silver one with a green/silver badge, so maybe the badges are now updated.

i'll take a couple of detail shots and post 'em up shortly.

Associate
pc7-1.jpg

pc7-2.jpg

pc7-3.jpg

pc7-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom