The Dentist

N3M

N3M

Associate
Should i be embarrased about being frightened by the thought of going to the dentist?

I mean i can break my foot 4 miles into a 10 mile ride (push bike) and deal with the discomfort but the dentist...phwoa!

I have an 'Emergency Dentist Appointment' at like 1.30pm today, ive been shaking since i made the decision to go last night at 9.00pm and had no sleep since...

Someone tell me its gunna be OK...

Im considering eating Paracetamol like sweets until it kills me otherwise :(

N

Associate
A surprising amount of people are scared of the dentist.

Put it this way would you rather have a scary meeting with the dentist or have the possiblity that in the future you will have really bad teeth and be scared to smile at anyone?

Soldato
Ah no...I know the feeling. I took a chunk out of one of my back teeth a while back (damn popcorn) and had to endure the drilling and needles and other such nastiness.

Still.....its always not as bad as you imagine it to be in the build up though, so chin up lad/lass, you'll be fine! :)

Besides.....you wouldn't want to put it off now would you?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
You will be fine, as long as your dentist is there.

I took a day off work to go to my dentist in Brighton because I chipped my tooth and haven't registered with one in London.

I had to wait 2-3wks for the appointment anyway and the dentist was off sick! :mad: Did they call me to let me know? No, but if I hadn't turned up then I probably wouldn't have had the other dentist look at it.

/dentist rant

BB x

N3M

N3M

Associate
OP
Chunk of my rear top left chomper decided to give... that bit of tooth is missed dearly, brings tears to my eyes.... regularly :rolleyes:

The last time i went, i made a mental note; Its not as bas as you think, that note was discarded many moons ago...

Thx about the fatalities thing tho iCraig, cant wait til 1.30pm now!

Soldato
I hadn't been to the dentist for 7 years because of a fear of them.
Then, half of one of my molars decided to part company with me whilst eating a toffee, it's decision to go was greatly helped by the wisdom tooth growing into it. I had the wisdom tooth (2 actually) and offending molar out last week, and there was no pain what so ever. The injection (which lasts all of 5 seconds) sorts all that out nicely :). It's a bit uncomfortable at the moment and I'm having to be careful how I eat making sure no food get stuck in the stitches, but I'm feeling a lot better for it.

From now on, I have no fear of the dentist (or my one at least) :).

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
The other dentist then proceeded to have a go at me as I hadn't been for a year and you have to go every six months... what does she think I was trying to do!?

My nicer friendlier dentist I went to as a kid I liked, she gave me lots of the stickers you get - that was the best thing about going to the dentists as a kid. :)

BB x

Associate
I also have a dentist appointment today at 3.30pm. Going there knowing I've got a filling to be done is actualy better than usally going there never knowing if they will spring one on you!

Good luck

Associate
molinari said:
Then, half of one of my molars decided to part company with me whilst eating a toffee, it's decision to go was greatly helped by the wisdom tooth growing into it.

See.... thats why i dont eat toffees.

Havent been to the dentist in about 3 years and my orthodontist really P'd me off... He said i needed a brace and my teeth would be fine in like 2 years and i wouldn't need to get any teeth removed, then 6 weeks later he changed his mind and said i needed teeth out so i just left and didnt come back. :p

I'd rather have my fangs than have molars ripped outta my head by that guy..

N3M

N3M

Associate
OP
On top of the fear (by the way im feeling a little better for reading SOME of your posts) it costs a fortune!

I havent got to pay for this one as its an emergency appointment at the hospital, but i know theyll make me register with a dentist now. Ill have to get a part time job just for my dentist bills because i know they'll be like "Ah, what have we here, Oooo, Ahhh..." and that sucking in noise they do before telling you they are about to beat up your bank account.

Associate
Hehe yeah well thats another story... that 6 weeks also happened to be when my dental care stopped being free and he didnt think of tellnig me unti lthen.. i think he was just after some money.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Piggymon said:
I'm wierd ... I LOVE going to the dentist :o
You're odd :p

Admittedly as a kid I used to love going to the dentist, then one day shortly after falling off my bike I had an appointment and was told I had a small chip on one tooth which meant a filling. Scared the life out of me :o And now I always dread it because I'm always worried it'll happen again.
Pity really because my dentist is amazing, never causes any unneccessary pain and he's really friendly.

N3M

N3M

Associate
OP
Dont mean to drag an old thread back up, but, ive had one of my upper right molars removed! and it was fine!

Bit of pulling n stuff but my faith in the dentist has been restored!

Let this be a lesson to anyone else who has any dental issues! GET IT SORTED!!!

Cheers Guys

Associate
I have quite a fear of dentists and I tend to have a couple of beers before I go to help with things. It's quite odd trying to force yourself to drink multiple cans of Stella at 8 in the morning :(

Soldato
My dentist didn't even wait for the local to kick in when he started on me last time.

"Is that painful?"

"Yeah is a bit mate"

"..."

*continues butchering my tooth

I need to go get a tooth removed now, not looking forward to that :/

Back
Top Bottom