my computer is broke:(

Associate
hi there
i was just playing on my computer listening to music and basically the monitor just went off with the green light flashing! but all the fans were still running and could open and close the cd drives. i tried turning it off and then off and what happens basically is all the lights and fans turn on and i get the normal beep and i can here the hard drive and the hard drive light flashes for a bit and then stays constant! and thats all that happens.
at first i thought it was my graphics card but on trying a different one it rules that out. i have tried reseting the jumpers but still nothing.
so would it be my cpu?? a while back i started getting these voices from the mother board voice thing saying system failure cpu test or something like that but i basically took my computer apart and gave a bit of a clean and didnt hear it again.
does anyone have any other ideas??

Soldato
I hate motherboards with voices... don't ask me why but I much prefer the simple old beeps to tell me whats wrong.

On that note, when you switch on the PC are you getting the usual beep or is everything silent? The sounds might help diagnose the problems and this thread read might help to.

Associate
OP
i get one beep at the start like it normaly would. but the monitor stays on standby. so no bios or anything. the monitor works fine on my mates computer and works fine! trying to check if theres any burn marks on my cpu but i cant get my dam cooler off lol! its doing my head in!

Caporegime
So the moniter doesnt even show you the startup screen where it goes through all the drives etc? If it shows that but then dies when it starts going into windows then you'll need to reinstall your GFX driver in safe mode.

Permabanned
Have you got another Graphics card you can try?
If it comes on you know its the Graphics card, which I would say it is since its still beeps and sound as if its booting up.
If you turn the speakers on and turn the computeron can you hear any windows sounds, when you log on?

MC_Bob

Soldato
*HotDog* said:
at first i thought it was my graphics card but on trying a different one it rules that out

I vote on trying a different monitor again..

My X800 XL did exactly the same thing once.. flashy green led on monitor.

Turned out the card was dead :(

Associate
OP
i do get hardrive noise and have tried a different monitor! its doing my headin iv e got some old parts back home but im at uni! already bought a new graphics card but that didnt work so dont know if to buy a new cpu to see if that works! crazy stuff!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom