Does this exist....(keyboard)

THT

THT

Associate
I am looking for a wireless keyboard.... sounds easy so far right....

BUT!

I dont want any multimedia buttons, windows media center (learn to spell americans ;) ) remote or any other weird stuff.

I just want a basic keyboard so i can type.

Does such a thing exist?

THT

THT

THT

Associate
OP
Im not looking for somewhere to buy one... just if they exist and possible a manufacturer like logitech, or cherry

None of those match my spec... and i checked there first

Soldato
There was a "technika" wireless keyboard which looked very basic (ie no extra buttons) from my local supermarket and was something redicilous like £8.99 might be worth a look

THT

THT

Associate
OP
BigDom said:
essentially your looking for a Cordless Saitek Eclipse aren't you? (without the backlight).

yeah - does a cordeless version exist?

and ste_bla - waht supermaket?

Associate
Datamonkey said:
lol

Guys read the op's question,

He just wants a plain keyboard, qwertyuiop and thats it.

No media this, or media that.

I dont know of one though :(
The only non-plain bit on that keyboard ( from what I could see ) is a small circular arrow thing in one corner... VERY VERY few keyboards have absolutely no addon buttons. Yes it's called Media but looking at the picture it's not got the normal plethora of media related buttongs.

Soldato
BigDom said:
The only non-plain bit on that keyboard ( from what I could see ) is a small circular arrow thing in one corner... VERY VERY few keyboards have absolutely no addon buttons. Yes it's called Media but looking at the picture it's not got the normal plethora of media related buttongs.

It does, it has play, pause, fast foward, rewind, ,mute and volume controls i had one ;)

Tis a tough request though as ya said these days, every keyboard i have seen has some add on stuff of some sorts.

THT

THT

Associate
OP
Le Samourai said:
What about the Apple Bluetooth keyboard?

There's only a few buttons for volume adjustment (and they look like all the other keys) and it's got a good typing action.

Not 100% sure about bluetooth compatibility though... would need research.

yeah ive seen the apple one... just dunno if they work with xp

Soldato
apple bluetooth is a good un, but that would be an arse to setup.

it doesnt even work on the mac until its in the os.

So you would have to have a wired keyboard to get it all setup then switch over to the bluetooth, guess that would still be possible if the op doesnt mind doing that.

Can couch for the mac keyboard, its very nice to type on, have the wired version here at work

Associate
Datamonkey said:
It does, it has play, pause, fast foward, rewind, ,mute and volume controls i had one ;)

Tis a tough request though as ya said these days, every keyboard i have seen has some add on stuff of some sorts.

hehe well they're in a nice neat bit in the corner - gives the appearance of plain :)

Soldato
I've got the logitech ultra x wireless one, only has some media buttons on the top right (play/pay, forward/rewing, +vol - vol and mute)
It also have a sort of shift key for the F buttons that can launch applications upon shift then one of the f buttons, still closest wireless thing to a normal keyboard, buttons are like a latops n all beautiful thing.

Associate
May I ask why you dont want all the media buttons? If you dont need them then dont use them tbh, imho I think you would be better off getting a media one, and just not using the media buttons :S

Associate
Hi
I have been using the apple bluetooth keyboard with xp for a couple of years now. handy for when on the sofa watching films etc. It does take a bit of patience pairing it up. You also have to turn the keyboard off before shutting down windows or there can be issues.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom