what 2 front tires for corsa sport?

Associate
hi,
i got my front right tire smashed @ high speed onto a curb.
I'm buying another alloy 2nd hand.
Corsa sport 1.6 v reg
So i'm gonna buy 2 new front tires.
any recommendations?

the current tires i think r a mix of pirreli and michelin all in good condition.
the tire size is 14".

Soldato
I can recommend that you do not buy Pirelli P6000. They suck so much it is not even funny. You may as well have slicks in the wet if you have those tyres.

Permabanned
Firestar_3x said:
Depends, it can give some funny results.

Only on cars with some back-bone.

In most cars you won't notice a blind bit of difference.

Unmatched fronts/rears are a different story though, and perhaps illegal IIRC?

Associate
OP
no....
so i'm contemplating getting the alignment checked and the bearings checked for damage......gonna cost some
yes okok i was stupid....i was showing off to a girl at night and i slipped into the curb
any more recommendations for 2 front tyres :D

Soldato
audi coupe 16v - eagle f1's on the front, dunlop sp2000's on the rear.

massive lift off oversteer in the wet. i.e. lift off a little and sping 180. did it once and then changed the tyres. guess the dunlops werent very good in the wet :eek:

that was pushing on though.

Soldato
you will find most manufacturers policy is to always put the 2 new tyres at the back and the rae ones at the front, something do with the handling of the car. Theres mixed views on this, each to their own, but when i wanted 2 new michelins on the front, they had to install them at the back.

Associate
OP
ok.
got the new alloy, and 2 new tyres, put the car in on wednesday, and got it back from the vauxhall garage today.

they said no extra damage to the suspension, nor any other system after they did the tracking. Every tick on the sheet was in the green.
everything is A OK!!!

The tyres i bought were Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D2 from mytyres.co.uk. I thought i'd splash out.

Anyway, i do feel more grip and its definately better in the wet and around corners than my previous ones.
My first destination was home, then ASDA (yes, the convienience of a car when doing shopping.)

weeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Back
Top Bottom