Is SNR supposed to fluctuate?

Permabanned
Just talknig to someone about SNR and such, when I went to take a look at my own. Was sat at the usual 12db on the downstream (crap I know). Took a look 30 seconds later and it was on 0. It slowly started climing through 3 and 4, then it went to this:
wtf8cf.jpg

Now I think its raining outside, if that has anything to do with it. Could it be my router misreading for a second? That is seriously messed up :eek:. I was udner the impression SNR wasnt really supposed to change.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Also, I seem to have lost synch twice tonight. Could it be due to the weather? Its usually stable. BT are messing around with some siring down my road, or were this morning anyway.

Soldato
your upstream snr is 20 in that shot? Your downstream margin is a bit all over the place, is it always like that? THe attenuation for the downstream is a little too high for a 2mb connection and could be causing it to lose sync. Is it in the master socket?

Permabanned
OP
Nope. Its in another socket. Sorry, I meant downstream when referring to SNr. I'll edit that. I know the attenuation is a tad too high, but it hardly ever loses sync. Its relativley stable 99% of the time. About it being all over the place, the SNR margin downstream does change from time to time I think, but never that much. Usual change is 1-2db. As I type this, the downstream SNR is settled on its norm of 12db.
Saying that, my downstream attenuation is currently on 45db, not 46 :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom