Backup solutions ( image backups )

Don
I need to get a backup solution and have lost track of current products

These external disk units with backup facilities look good

what I have and need to do is to backup my main machine 4 partitions totalling 200GB and my laptop single 60gb partition

I see these one button backup sort of things , do these backup as an image ? and can they be restored without first loading an OS ? and can they backup multiple images ?

sorry if questions are confused but hopefully someone will understand my requirements and be able to point me in the right direction

cheers :)

Soldato
Rotty said:
I need to get a backup solution and have lost track of current products

These external disk units with backup facilities look good

what I have and need to do is to backup my main machine 4 partitions totalling 200GB and my laptop single 60gb partition

I see these one button backup sort of things , do these backup as an image ? and can they be restored without first loading an OS ? and can they backup multiple images ?

sorry if questions are confused but hopefully someone will understand my requirements and be able to point me in the right direction

cheers :)

Have a look at Norton Ghost which provides an image based backup like ignite and restore form the image with just a boot disc and no OS.

Just check that Ghost supports the storage medium for backup through.

Ghost allows multiple images to be created (stored as compressed files).

Don
OP
NickK said:
Have a look at Norton Ghost which provides an image based backup like ignite and restore form the image with just a boot disc and no OS.

Just check that Ghost supports the storage medium for backup through.

Ghost allows multiple images to be created (stored as compressed files).

I use ghost at the moment but not sure it supports USB/firewire devices devices

Back
Top Bottom