News about, and Specs for the Dell 2407WFP, 2707WFP and 2007WFP

Man of Honour
The date of release for these screens is still not official, but there are reports that information will be released by Dell over the next couple of weeks, quite possibly during CEBIT 2006 (9 - 15th March). Regardless, the specs are likely to be very similar to those available for the panels expected in these models. Dell do like to sometimes change these specs a little bit, for instance the 2405FPW being rated at 16ms response time by Dell, but more generously at 12ms by Samsung. However, these are the details available from Samsung for their new panels, which are likely to carry over into the Dell models:

24.jpg

This looks like it will be the panel for the 2407WFP. Basically just an improvement on the panel used in the 2405FPW. You can match it up with the specs and features listed already for the 2407 below. Samsung list the new panel at 8ms G2G response time, which is an improvement over the older version listed at 12ms G2G. However, early reports are that Dell will be marketing the 2407 as a 6ms G2G screen and so this could well be a case of Dell using their own measurements and specs. Either way, it looks like it is essentially the same screen, but with a heavier dose of overdrive applied. Let's hope that this translates into some real performance improvements rather than just on paper.

27.jpg

Information about the 2707WFP (27" Dell model) is sketchy really, but it is quite likely that it will be based on the Samsung S-PVA panel listed above. The 2707 uses the same native resolution as the 2407, but is a nice stop gap for those looking for a slightly larger screen, without the desire to go to the massive Dell 3007WFP (30"). Again, specs may be slightly different once Dell release them, and I would speculate that if they market the 2407 at 6ms G2G, they are likely to do the same with the 2707.

20.JPG

The 2007WFP (updated version of the 2005FPW) is a tricky one. On the one hand, the 2005 used an S-IPS panel from LG.Philips and so logic might suggest Dell stick with another IPS panel. On the other hand, Dell have used Samsung panels for a long time as well maybe implying a PVA panel like the 2407 and 2707 are likely to be...but there isn't any information on a Samsung PVA panel at this size and suggested spec. Finally, the spec looks very much like a P-MVA panel, possibly like that used in other 20"WS models like the Belinea 102035W and Viewsonic VX2025WM. Details are a bit mixed at the moment and the above spec list is slightly edited compared to some you may see floating around on the net. It looks like the contrast ratio has been improved, and viewing angles certainly suggest an IPS panel. We may be in the same position as with the Philips 200W6CS at the moment (discussed here) which is said to be an IPS panel, but looks more like the spec of a P-MVA panel. I'd be inclined to think that both the Philips and the Dell are IPS technology, but until there is more information available from LG.Philips, we can't be 100% sure. Many places also list the above spec sheet without any improvement in response time. However, I would think that there is likely to be a new G2G response time promoted for this screen, and is likely to be 8ms as with the Philips 200W6CS. These two models are quite likely to be using a new updated version of the LM201W01 panel already used in the 2005 model before it.

all taken from http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news.htm

Man of Honour
OP
no word yet, but i would expect them to be around the same price as the current models, but a little bit higher. only a guess though

Soldato
I very much doubt dell will be offering any of these to 3rd party stores. The reasont the current panels went up in price was because Dell decided to stop supplying third party companies as they where losing money.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Lost the component in? That's a real shame :(

The 2707 could be great, but I won't get one if it lacks a component in.

Associate
Well, Tom (=LCD=) is like the man from the shadow. He is quietly observing what is going on in the monitors forum threads and he is not particularly keen to make the noise here. But ... when he decide to have a presence, he hits directly and with the exact information which is almost usually accompanied by URL :D As far as I remember, he was also the first one on the NEC review thread to post the link from the BeHardware (French) review.

Anyhow, back to those spec ... not impressed much. Apart from that new & funky casing and stand, nothing much to write home about.

Caporegime
HDCP, finally

Edit: And a tasty price drop on the 2005 :D

I'm buying the hell out of the 2007. Bought a 1704 this time last year when they were on sale at the bargain-licious £180, was a fantastic screen, and I can't fault Dell's service. Sold it 6 months back when I came to uni with just my laptop, and I'm ready to move back to a desktop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom