Downloading WoW

Soldato
Vicious said:
its £9 a month :p but still, blizzard have to pay for the servers etc, and theres loads and i mean loads of them, probs 20 for like english, french, german and then againf or the us. So thats 80 servers or something, some get very full so need powerful server, which is gonna start costing a lot

Not gonna cost like 50 million though. Imo they've developed a great game which is immensly popular, good for them if they are reaping massive profits.

Soldato
Yeah I remember trying to work out once how many subscribers an mmo would need to break even each month, taking into account housing servers, renting bandwidth, keeping staff etc and at a rough estimate it was about 100,000 subscribers with a £10 sub each.

Even given the number of servers and support staff they must need, they're raking it in :)

Associate
Meh, I bought WoW on the reccomendation of a friend... She plays it for like 10hrs + a day. I have maybe a couple of hours per day to play any games, and she created a new char. so we could play together (aw, how sweet). Only problem was, when I wasn't there she'd be questing and stuff and would already be up to lvl 15 by the time I got back the next day :p

Waste of time unless you play for ages per day. Plus since you're paying for it, the incentive is there to play for long periods.

I went back to BF2 tbh. You don't need to spend all day playing that to own. Oh wait, WoW is about chatting and making friends, isn't it :D lol.

Soldato
(BoG) Napalm said:
Meh, I bought WoW on the reccomendation of a friend... She plays it for like 10hrs + a day. I have maybe a couple of hours per day to play any games, and she created a new char. so we could play together (aw, how sweet). Only problem was, when I wasn't there she'd be questing and stuff and would already be up to lvl 15 by the time I got back the next day :p

Waste of time unless you play for ages per day. Plus since you're paying for it, the incentive is there to play for long periods.

I went back to BF2 tbh. You don't need to spend all day playing that to own. Oh wait, WoW is about chatting and making friends, isn't it :D lol.

It's lik anything tho, the more you put into it the better you're gonna get

Soldato
Tute said:
I know people who do!

Means no instancing though :)
lol.... i cant see how anyone could get any enjoyment out of the game what so ever on dail-up... prolly real hardcore fans ;)

... and Lt. Manlove, play a Rogue, pref an UD one... would suit your nickname well.

<<Puts on flame suit and runs for the hills>>

Soldato
sup3rc0w said:
Yes, because someone is likely to play it when on dail-up connection

Except for big update downloads I'm told the game is really quite playable on dial-up, a bit slower in displaying things if you're compared it with a faster connection, but the sort of thing you quickly stop noticing.

Associate
wordy said:
It's lik anything tho, the more you put into it the better you're gonna get

Mmm, true but who really has that much time on their hands? I thought I had no life, but geez.

There just seems to be so much waiting around, or traveling, going backwards and forwards all over the place.

I suppose it's two fold. To keep you hooked, and to make sure you spend a lot of time doing not very much, so you have to play for months to get good/skills etc.

Soldato
Yeah they sure know how to keep you playing :p

Cut down reccently due to getting my life back, taking me ages to ge tthre next lvl but I still really enjoy it tho

Back
Top Bottom