GRRRR, which game to buy!

Permabanned
Hey guys,
I have 15 pounds to spend on any game I want. I am looking at a competitor beacuse they are cheapest. There are just too many choices, doom 3 with expansion for 13 quid, FEAr for 10, but im not sure wether to get FEAR because I don't like scary games :( I dont mind a little bit scary, but if its scary throughout I just find it so ooo boring. There si also SWAT 4for 8 poiunds. I really odnt know what to get :mad:

Please revisit the FAQ.

Otacon

Soldato
FEAR is not scary :eek: ,pretty good game though.

SWAT 4 fantastic game ! Playing it through a second time at the minute + the add on is out soon as well

Doom 3 is pretty boring,i gave up about half way through :( Too much of the same old stuff(good gfx though)

SWAT 4 gets my vote :cool:

Rob

Man of Honour
Doom3 with expansion will last you a lot longer than FEAR. FEAR is a pretty short game, maybe 8hrs, where as Doom3 on it's own is more like 16hrs before you've even started the expansion pack.

Permabanned
OP
I'm pretty crap at games, so it doesn't matter how long they are, just the quality :D OK, lets do a vote!
Doom 3 with expansion-1
Swat4-1
FEAR-0
Guys, keep on voting!!!!

Soldato
Avoid FEAR.

So boring and pointless really. After playing it for about 10 mins you then get a sense of deja vu as almost the rest of the entire game is just the same old corridors/buildings repeated endlessly. Only time the gfx look any good either is when you engage the slow-mo bullet time function. Rest of the time it looks very average and is so poorly optimised its a bad joke.

Doom3 is repetitive but at least it runs smoothly and with the ROE expansion gives you a better storyline + missions.

FEAR is just bland most of the time and very overhyped. Gfx do not even come close to justifying its steep hardware requirements/slow performance.

Forget it totally if you have less than 2GB Ram + 256MB Gfx card either.

Soldato
AWPC said:
Avoid FEAR.

So boring and pointless really. After playing it for about 10 mins you then get a sense of deja vu as almost the rest of the entire game is just the same old corridors/buildings repeated endlessly. Only time the gfx look any good either is when you engage the slow-mo bullet time function. Rest of the time it looks very average and is so poorly optimised its a bad joke.

Doom3 is repetitive but at least it runs smoothly and with the ROE expansion gives you a better storyline + missions.

FEAR is just bland most of the time and very overhyped. Gfx do not even come close to justifying its steep hardware requirements/slow performance.

Forget it totally if you have less than 2GB Ram + 256MB Gfx card either.

i dont get this.... seen it quite often... i played the game with everythin on medium on my pc, that is nowhere near as good as urs... and it played perfectly with a constantly steady framerate pretty much throughout the entire game

Permabanned
OP
FEAR-1
SWAT 4-2
DOOM 3-2
OOOOO, its between SWAT 4 and Doom 3 so far. I already own Far cry. I dunno, because some people have rated FEAR as one of the best games ever and its only a tenner :cool: SWAT 4 and doom 3 is 8. Also guys, if there are any toher games under 15 quid that you cna reccomend, then go ahead, come on, KEEP ON VOTING!

Soldato
SWAT4 is absolutly awsome when you play Co-op over a LAN. The effort you need if there are just two people who both need to survive otherwise there's not much point in continuing (sp?) unless you are 90%+ through the level :)

Back
Top Bottom