Ventrilo Crashes in X64

Soldato
Well I have just built myself my new rig for gaming. Quite happy with it and I am running Windows XP Pro 64 Bit edition.

Problem that I am having is that if I use Ventrilo voice client the sound quality is poor through Medusa 5.1 Headsets. When I click push to talk sometimes it just stays on talk and it crashes. I exit out of Ventrilo. When I come to reload it I get a message to say Ventrilo is already running.

Quick search in Task manager confirms this but when I "End Process" it still runs. Only real way to exit is by rebooting. I have used the vent client sourced from different places just to make sure it isnt file corruption

I am wondering if this is an issue with the Medusa Drivers or if it is a compatability issue with nForce 4 drivers ??? I have used the most upto date medusa X64 drivers with the two latest revisions of nForce 4 drivers with fresh application install.

Associate
What is your soundcard? The poor sound quality you mentioned occurs only in ventrilo I assume? What is the server's codec?

In setup enable the "Use DirectSound for input device". This might help.

Posting a screenshot of your ventrilo and soundcard settings could also be useful

Back
Top Bottom