sony ericsson sleep mode....

Associate
...any one know if you can turn it off. this is the mode that when you've not used the phone for a bit it blanks the screen.

you can choose to have a clock displayed, but i'd like for it not to do anything, so it just shows the normal desktop display permenantly.

its a k600i if that helps, but i'm sure its the same on all the k series se's.

anyone?

Associate
btph said:
...any one know if you can turn it off. this is the mode that when you've not used the phone for a bit it blanks the screen.

you can choose to have a clock displayed, but i'd like for it not to do anything, so it just shows the normal desktop display permenantly.

its a k600i if that helps, but i'm sure its the same on all the k series se's.

anyone?
No you can't turn if off. It is a battery saving feature and without it you would get very little battery life out of the handset.
Why do you need the standby screen displayed all the time? Apart from the W900i - most SE handsets display missed call and message notifications along with the clock screensaver.

Associate
OP
I can't believe showing the clock instead of the desktop saves that much battery power! i'm not after leaving the back light on, i'm sure that is the main power drain. and to be honest, if i wanted battery life i really wouldn't have bought a k600i.

like you say calls and messages are shown with the clock. but other things like the alarms, reminders etc aren't shown. to be honest though, i just dont like the clock, simple as that!!

Associate
btph said:
I can't believe showing the clock instead of the desktop saves that much battery power! i'm not after leaving the back light on, i'm sure that is the main power drain. and to be honest, if i wanted battery life i really wouldn't have bought a k600i.

like you say calls and messages are shown with the clock. but other things like the alarms, reminders etc aren't shown. to be honest though, i just dont like the clock, simple as that!!
Yeah the backlight is the main powerdrain, but I would still say the clock screensaver draw slightly less power - its only a few inverted pixels afterall and like you say a handset like the K600i needs any help it can get in the battery life department.
I don't see any reason why SE couldn't make it optional though.

Back
Top Bottom