Logitech Z5400 hissing

Caporegime
I just installed a new set of logitech Z5400 speakers. The sound is great apart from when I turn them on with nothing going through them. All the speakers hiss slightly.

Is this common or a fault? Of course it's fine when I'm gaming but if just surfing the net a bit distracting.

Any ideas, I'm plugged into a surge protector.

Soldato
I had this with my Z-5500's

I assume these still have the control pod and the big thick serial cable connecting to the sub?

If so very carefully and slowly move the cable as close as you can to the serial plug and see if the hissing stops. Certainly killed it right off on mine. It can still be heard but I have to get my ear within 3 inches of the speaker so as far as I'm concerned it is now a non issue :)

Give it a whirl and lemme know :D

Caporegime
OP
Thanks I'm at work will try that tonight.

Just to clarify, It has the control box which is connected to the sub. Currently I have the control box sitting on top of the sub. Which bit do you want me to move?

Are you talking about the cable from the back of the control box to the back of the sub?

Maybe interference off all the other cables I have stashed behind the desk, but i turned and unplugged everything apart from the speakers and sub and it still happens.

Thanks for the help :)

Caporegime
OP
Yep thanks mate, now I can only hear it 3 inches from the speakers and the sub resonance has gone too.

Brought a good quality optical cable today for my 360, absolutely blown away by the sound quality for my console with these speakers.

I think thats why ive been sucking at PGR, reckon it will help me beat you now ;)

Edit, have noticed the sub does pop from time to time as well, but Ive read that happens from other users.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom