• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

opteron cores

Associate
Are all 939 dual core 1 series opterons on toledo core and then the 940 sledgehammer - just seen a 1 series apparently with a sledgehammer core which is new to me?

Mul

Mul

Associate
ted34 said:
Are all 939 dual core 1 series opterons on toledo core and then the 940 sledgehammer - just seen a 1 series apparently with a sledgehammer core which is new to me?

No such thing as a 939 Opteron with sledgehammer core. They're all toledo/denmark

Don
S939 Opteron cores are:-
San Diego - single core
Toledo - dual core

There are no S940 1-way equivalents anymore, they were Venus and Denmark but as far as I'm aware they never made it to market.

Jokester

Can't type for toffee
Don
Jokester,

My opty 146 was bought a coupla months back, full retail, s939 0540 FMPW iirc

just a glitch in cpuz ?

there were 3 or 4 of us that all ordered at the same time and im sure all of them show as venus.

Don
Current CPU-Z version reports them wrong, it's mainly due to the AMD roadmap saying the 90nm 1-way Opterons are Denmark and Venus, but this goes way back to before AMD decided to release S939 Opterons so they are the S940 versions (S940 has a different memory controller so its a different core).

Jokester

Back
Top Bottom