AVIC-X1 Owners

Pug

Pug

Soldato
How do!

How does the navigation work? Do you put the nav disk in, plan your route, then drive - take the disc out, and pop music/dvd in?

How far can you navigate like this, and does it remember routes travelled before without needing the disk?

I take it the screen isnt removeable? Is any part of it removeable to render non stealable?

Caporegime
Navigation is great, stick in the dvd, enter a postcode it will plan the route, now it will store upto 64mb of data in the unit for maps, no idea how far this will get you since i always leave the dvd in.

It puts a dotted line down the map for roads you have been along you can store places in your address book.

Screen doesn't come off but the bottom half of the unit does to reveal a nice flashing red led.

Soldato
Pug said:
How far can you navigate like this, and does it remember routes travelled before without needing the disk?
Don't hold me to it but I think it loads an area of map into memory meaing that you can plan further journeys without having to put the DVD back in as long as it's in that same area.

Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
I love this head unit but do you not worry about it being a target for thieves?
A little but when the screen is folded away and the faceplate remove it looks no different from any other stereo.

A little common sense helps I guess, as in not pulling up somewhere with music blaring and the screen out on display.

Fingers crossed I don't wake up to find a brick through the car window now I've said this. :p

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
You would be better getting a Sat nav ready dvd drive, mout it under a seat, keeping the nav disk in that and use the slot loader on the Avic for your music :)

aye of course i would, but that pushes it out of my budget.

I was just hoping that i having to use a navi disk wouldnt be too much of a burden.

GSXMovistar - if what you say about loading a region is true then this would be perfect...

Also does the DVD player work when the vehicle is moving? I assume it does, but the new factory ones in range rovers halt playback

Soldato
Pug said:
Also does the DVD player work when the vehicle is moving? I assume it does, but the new factory ones in range rovers halt playback
The AVIC comes with a cable that can be connected to the handbrake so that DVD/TV playback it disabled (on the main screen only) as soon as the handbrake is released.....

........but I don't know of any installers that set this up, instead they just ground the cable enabling playback at anytime.

Handy if the front passenger wants to watch something but I hope everyone has the common sense not to try any watch any DVDs whilst driving a car regardless of whether they think it’s safe if they are crawling in traffic.

Back
Top Bottom