HELP I have Blocked my own PC!

Soldato
Right, there was something fishy going on with my wireless router, the WLAN lite was flashing and theres no computers on the network at the moment so I went into my router control panel and saw there was another PC connected with no host name. Thinking it was someone else I turned on MAC filters and blocked it out. Now realizing it was actually my PC (LOL!) I can't access the Internet through my router, it wont even let me access the router control panel, I cant access it through another PC because the other PC has died.

Soldato
If you don't mind entering all your settings again, you could force a reset on the router. There should be a small button (or something along those lines) somewhere on the unit for this purpose :)

Soldato
OP
Al Vallario said:
If you don't mind entering all your settings again, you could force a reset on the router. There should be a small button (or something along those lines) somewhere on the unit for this purpose :)

Done, now it lets me log on to the control panel but it's reset my username and password, problem is I dont know what the default password to log onto the control panel was. The router is a Acer WLAN 11g.

Soldato
Tried all the usuals: "password", "acer", leaving the password field blank etc.? You should be able to find that sort of information in the user manual if you have it :)

Soldato
OP
Snow-Munki said:

Tried that and it ain't working, looks like I am going to ring Acer. As for the bottom of the router it just displays the IP address. Also the router is

Acer WLAN 11g Turbo Broadband Router wireless router

The pictures of the router settings in the link you posted look nothing like mine so I think thats for a different router.

***EDIT***

I have it sorted now, for some reason it acceppted the password this time

Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom