Motorola SLVR

Soldato
Hi,
Its time for me to update my mobile, the Motorola SLVR has really caught my eye. Does anyone have this phone? What do you think of it?

Thanks,
Mr.Orb

Soldato
Mr.Orb said:
Hi,
Its time for me to update my mobile, the Motorola SLVR has really caught my eye. Does anyone have this phone? What do you think of it?

Thanks,
Mr.Orb

Had a play with on in the shop didnt like the keypad and have read its as good/bad as a v3

Soldato
Aye I must say, my old man has a new one for work and imo the phone is horrid. It doesn't do anything particularly great, not even just be a phone. Go for a nokia or SE :)

Soldato
I got the Motorola SLVR before they were advertised everywhere, before they got popular. Got it as it was something different to anything else. I got it when my D600 got stolen.

Anyways, from using the SLVR for a month and a bit, I dont like it.

Good points
of the fone are that its slim, pretty light, nice feel to the buttons, good battery life and that you can still see yout background image throughout all the menu's and sub menu's on the phone.

Bad points that have made me want to get shot of it are, stupid blue light that lights up the buttons / keypads somethings timesout when your writing a long text or making a phone call. A few seconds later the light comes on again and then goes off. It kinda slowly flashes. Really bad at night, if you cant see what your txting. Cant get it to connect to my pc for some reason. Asking for a removable memory card to be placed in the phone. Talking about memory, it has limited built in memory. No flash on the camera. Camera is basic and so it the video. Sounds is also pretty basic, no added features like some Samsung's and Sony Ericssons's. The back of the phone is metal and can get scracthed easily. No cover over the charge / data connection, dust etc can easily get into the usb connection. When in your back pocket of jeans / pants tends to slide out more that my pervious, D500 / D600. The worst thing about the phone, is the talk peice that you talk into is on the front of the phone just to the right of the number 6 on the keypad. When rubbed against you face / cheek it makes a loud noise, like strong wind effect to the person on the other end. They cant hear you properly. Cant sandwitch our phone between your face and your shoulder if your hands are tied up. They cant hear you.

Overall, I dont like it and wouldnt recommend it to anyone who wants a decent phone, with good camera, sound and video quality.

If you want a stylish, slim, good looking fone to show off basically, get it by all means. Its basic, hence the price of it.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
It's fairly average imo, doesn't do anything very impressively and just doesn't have many great features.
D600 or W800i would be much better, or for a bit less then a 6230i.

Really don't like the keypads on the SLVRs either, they seem too awkward and I've only got small hands so I dread to think what'd be like if you had big hands/fingers.

Back
Top Bottom