Photoshop boffins in here

Soldato
OP
I'm not too fussed about the bonnet to be honest really :)

It's going to be (hopefully) scaled down and made into a sig...well that's the idea :p

Associate
fiesta.jpg

Good enough?

Suspended
I've done that much. Zoomed in and drew round. The front left wheel is an arse to get to. Can't see it. Take a better picture!

How come, this will sounds weird but....I've cropped the car out. but now i go to edit it slightly. Wanted to make a tire slightly thicker where i'd cut it down a bit to much. When I click the brush tool and select black it won't come up as i draw.

still on same layer as muck about but nothing seemed to want to draw. just doesn't show up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had a go and got the same results as above so not gonna bother posting it, but basically just loaded the image up into Paint Shop Pro (don’t' have PS on this PC) and used the selection (point-to-point) tool to draw around the outline.

If you need to get rid of the reflections it can probably be done with the blend and clone tools.

Soldato
OP
Cheers fellas :)

I guess that kept some of you occupied for a while, I would ask for the thread to be closed but I won't just in case someone else wants to have a go...

Hey, Docaroo, what's with the pink background lol :p

Soldato
here's a totally half-arsed attempt at cloning out the bonnet trees - i tried to do this on another picture of a car ages ago but couldn't be arsed back then!

oh and the pink background is commonly used for any internet image medium as an international transparency colour.

Basically, if you want to make the backgorund transparent, you can do a colour selection for pink only and delete that - however with the other guys white background you can't... so basically they have just swapped a tree background for white where you have to repeat the whole process again to avoid ugly white lines around the car.

It's the next best thing to giving you the psd file with transparency! DUH!

7bf3c5858c.jpg

Soldato
oh and in my experience the best way to chop the background is to first use lasso tool to remove the bulk of the rubbish, say to with 5-10 pixels of the car...

then go in with a small eraser tool ~4 pixels size to "erase" around the car... you get a smooth "blurred" edge that looks a lot more natural then simply lasso-ing the whole beast...

also i find i can control the eraser better as you can use opacity to blend it better...

Back
Top Bottom