How reliable is anandtech?

Soldato
Hi all

Just a general question really, do you find that Anandtech is reliable when it comes to reviews/data on new releases etc?

How much would you trust them?

Soldato
Mint Sauce said:
The guy asks a prefectly reasonble question and.... eh! WTF are you on about?
:D

ajgoodfellow said:
I've found them to be very reliable - I've always trusted their reviews
I've found them to be very unreliable - I've never trusted their reviews.

Anandtech receive cherry picked samples, so you can be sure that he same piece of hardware bought from the normal retails channels will have 0.01% chance of performing the same as the one reviewed (with obvious exceptions, Mice, Monitors and the like ;) )

Most of the popular hardware review sites are funded by revenue generated from advertising (web-banners, flash applets etc) from the same big hardware manufacturers that submit hardware for review. Sadly IMHO its all corrupt, everyone is on the bung, and its all about seperating you from your hard earned dosh.

It's generally a bad idea to take purchasing advice from someone who stands to benefit financially from your spending!

Knowledgeable (non-fanboy) end-users who have had hands-on experience are your most valueable source of information :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Have no idea what you're on about either Mr Wayne :p You seem to have edited my post in your quote :confused: ;)

What can i say, eh, i'm no english student and i was vexed. :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom