• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Loads of amazing cards but no new Games

Soldato
Raikiri said:
Round the corner apart from the fact it was delayed until 2007.

And I got a high def 20inch LCD monitor plus a decent gaming PC for ~£1000, so it isnt that bad really.

But there's a bit difference between a 20" and a 26" TV :)

-RaZ

Permabanned
OP
I have recently bought a 26" HDMI screen for £700, add a XBOX to that and it comes in at around £1100. a new PC is around 1200 to 1500 quid aint it for a good one.

Soldato
i wouldn't hold your breath on PS3 coming out anytime THIS YEAR. its using blu-ray and sony can't install any drives into thier machines until the actual final format has been agreed upon by the big companies. lets not forget blu-ray will be "one" of the new movie playing formats so sony has to get that sorted with with other big movie companies. its not just the game division they need to think about.

i did read an article on it last week and its nowhere near ready according to that.

Associate
Jack Bauer......you make a very good point. I can barely remember playing a game since I built my PC that even vaguely requires what this machine can do. Yet here I am 2 months down the road from building it and already I am thinking about getting a second 7800gt and maybe a dual core processor.

Why do I need it? I don't know. But just as surely as I know that I like drinking Coke, I know I must must feed this PC beast.

Permabanned
OP
The reason why you do this is because like everyone else here you are caught up in the fervour of not asking why you are doing it. Lots of people here are hardware techies that prefer the machine to the "what do I use it for".

Apart form making videos and burning disks etc (converting between different formats and the like) I can say that games are the only reason for buying uber monster is GAMES. No games no need for uber machine in P land anyways.

Associate
I’ve never been much of a console guy tbh, last console I had was the N64 and even then it was a hand me down. I upgraded my PC last April and it’s still nowhere near in need of an upgrade. The only reason I’m thinking about it is because a mate of mine reviews hardware for Diver Heaven so he gets stuff free and sells it onto me for a discount. I love it.

Anyway I’ve actually found that I don’t play games as much anymore (I know I know), though that will change with Oblivion (I can’t wait). I’ve bought a DS when I was in the states which is a fantastic handheld so I’m now tempted by the revolution if only to see what the controller can do. But no matter anyone says the PC will always be one or two steps ahead of any console.

Associate
I am thinking about replacing my 7800 for 7900 , as yet not a lot of games out , the only game i am playing at the mo is Call of Duty 2 & multiplayer version , would i see a great change if i did get a 7900 GTX , i am running FX 57

Associate
I always end up buying a gfx card for just one or two games, last time it was hl2, then before that farcry, the flow of pc games over the past few years has been slow to say the least, good ones that is. But when a good one comes along I honestly think its worth upgrading just to play that game in full detail. Oblivion is the lastest example, ive just bought 2 7800gtx's and a £200 5.1 setup just to play that game. I dont mind doing that though as I know that its money well spent as ill get a few hundred hours play out of it.

Associate
i use a tv for gaming which has a 1360x768 rez, fine for gaming really but the 7800gtx still limits me to 2x AA if i want to keep silky smooth framerates. so ive bought the 7900 so that i can put that up to 4xAA, the rez wont be changing

Back
Top Bottom