css crashes

Associate
For the last couple of days whenever i play css it crashes about 10 minutes in. I have either been able to go back to the desktop by using task manager to shut it down, but that leaves my desktop at the resolution i use in the game (800x600 when my desktop is 1280x1024) which is really iritating, so i have to manually change it back in settings. But usually i have to restart my computer because the whole system locks up.

Anybody know of any cure for my woes, or has anybody else had this problem?

Associate
I assume your pc locks up only with source, if it does the same with other games could be heat related.

you could also try this.
You need to exit from Steam and delete the clientregistry.blob file typically located:
C:\Program Files\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob
The next time you run Steam it will do a short platform update and then it should finish the game updates.
Again, be sure to go check all the game properties and make sure they are set to "always keep this game up to date".

Seems to solve many of the problems people have. Hope it works for you.

Also you need all up to date drivers installed.

Associate
OP
uknorthboy said:
I assume your pc locks up only with source, if it does the same with other games could be heat related.

you could also try this.
You need to exit from Steam and delete the clientregistry.blob file typically located:
C:\Program Files\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob
The next time you run Steam it will do a short platform update and then it should finish the game updates.
Again, be sure to go check all the game properties and make sure they are set to "always keep this game up to date".

Seems to solve many of the problems people have. Hope it works for you.

Also you need all up to date drivers installed.

I'll try that .blob thing later. Currently updating my video drivers.

Back
Top Bottom