Chip and Pin

Associate
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can still sign for goods at 'where in the world'?

My pin hasn't come through and I need something now!

Thanks

Permabanned
You can try. Since 14/02 it's at the shops discretion though, and they'll usually say "No" because any transaction made without using Chip and Pin which turns out to be fraudulent then becomes the problem of the retailer and not the bank.

Soldato
Chip and pin is ****s, they have to get a system with two numbers, a shoping number and an atm transaction number.

Associate
OP
Overlag said:
if you havnt recieved a pin then the card should automaticaly go through to signing..... my barclaycard credit card does... :)

Hi mate,

Strangely I am talking about my Barclaycard credit card! I tried to buy a PSP from Gamestation today and it wouldn't go through unless I entered my PIN, which I don't have! I'm such an impatiant idiot and want a PSP tonight from 'where in the world'!!!

Anyone actually done it there?

Associate
pyro said:
Chip and pin is ****s, they have to get a system with two numbers, a shoping number and an atm transaction number.

If I heard what some guy on TV said correctly, they already have the potential to do that but it has not been activated yet.

To answer the OP, I don't think you need your pin to shop online?

Associate
OP
escape sanity said:
If I heard what some guy on TV said correctly, they already have the potential to do that but it has not been activated yet.

To answer the OP, I don't think you need your pin to shop online?

I'm talking about in-store dude. :D

Soldato
The woman in front of me in Tesco earlier on today said she couldn't remember her pin and it let her sign.

I was under the impression it was down to whether or not that partciular shop will let you do that rather than the card issuer, as if they let you sign it shifts the responsibility for checking your credentials onto the shop.

Back
Top Bottom