views on sony x-black screens?

Associate
I havent seen much discussion on these monitors, whats everyones view on it? I only remember seeing a x-black screen displayed in a shop and was amazed at the clarity and quality of the picture. How are they for gaming and movies though? any comments pls, cheers...

Associate
I've got two HS75Ps that have been great.

The power supply is built in so the monitor may be a little thicker than others but it's a much better solution than having a really long cable with a power brick in the middle.

I don't play any games so can't comment on their gaming performance. I do watch a lot of TV (both through my TV card and divx stuff) without any ghosting probs.

I think one has a dead pixel but I never notice it. I did a dead pixel check on the other one in the shop where I got it and it was fine. Colours etc have all been top notch. Even running at 1024x768 the picutre looks good (especially when compared to other TFTs running below their native resolution). No qualms about anything really.

I have been so impressed I'm planning on buying a 19" one for my parents soon.

Soldato
I used to have the hs94p n gotta say that it bloomin rocks :D i cannot stress how good this monitor was before I moved over to the 24" Dell. it was "only" 12 ms but that was more than enuff and do miss it altho the dell is a good substitute.

Permabanned
i would just like to say that the X-black filter on them is very reflective which makes them bad for watching movies on, as i have the NEC 1970gx that has the same reflective filter

Associate
I've not had any problems with reflections interferring with viewing the screens (the only time was when I tried to take pics of them and the flash reflected but I don't do that every day).

Back
Top Bottom