New MOBO & CPU - Recommendations

Associate
I have finally decided to take the plunge and go for a PCI-E MOBO. However, I have been out of the market for a while and need some advice as to what is currently available and recommended.

I have an Antec Aria case - so would ideally like a Micro ATX board - not sure if they do these for a start with PCI-E :confused:

I also have a 3ghz P4 (S478) CPU which would be good to keep if I can, although my initial searches have led me to believe that I need a new CPU as well. Which leads me to the question... which CPU to get?

I have always been an Intel fanboy, but will definitely consider AMD if there is a decent solution!

So - please recommend me a decent ish bare bones e.g. MOBO & CPU that will fulfil my needs :)

My other system components include 1gb PC3200 Twinmos Premium RAM, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card and an AGP 9800 Pro (which will obviously have to go after I upgrade MOBO etc). My main use for the system is for DVD work, surfing and the occasional high end game playign :o

Associate
rooster

Hi Devo
ref 478
I am in same position with a 3.06ghz 478 and have found that Asus P4rd1mx is a pci e and seems it would fit the p4 ok it is also matx as well.
:)

Back
Top Bottom