TFT as a TV?

Permabanned
I am looking to get a new TV for my room, only 17" or so. However, looking at it, if I could somehow go about making a TFT into a TV, it would be cheaper and probably better quality too. Id like to use my Xbox 360 in HD too, which smaller cheap LCD TV's wont do. Now, what would I need and how would I go about gettign a TFT monitor to recieve signals from an ariel? Im not sure what equip,ment and such Ineed. I have the idea, just not a real clue how to go about it. Anyone know?
Also, if possible, a suggestion for a monitor may be good. It has to be 17" and be able to display 1280x720 and look good, fast resposne rates etc.

Soldato
Keylow said:
I am looking to get a new TV for my room, only 17" or so. However, looking at it, if I could somehow go about making a TFT into a TV, it would be cheaper and probably better quality too. Id like to use my Xbox 360 in HD too, which smaller cheap LCD TV's wont do. Now, what would I need and how would I go about gettign a TFT monitor to recieve signals from an ariel? Im not sure what equip,ment and such Ineed. I have the idea, just not a real clue how to go about it. Anyone know?
Also, if possible, a suggestion for a monitor may be good. It has to be 17" and be able to display 1280x720 and look good, fast resposne rates etc.
How about a DTT PCI card so you can watch freeview and also use the PC as a PVR! :D

Permabanned
OP
Goatboy said:
I have seen a 17" monitor with 1280x720 native think it was about £125 from a competitor site - only has 1 VGA input though so you'll need to switch cables around.

So this will need to be connected to a PC? I was hoping there was a waay it didnt need a PC. Isnt a problem as I have a PC spare, but ill jsut have to spend a bit on PCI cards and such :o
Also, what is a DTT PCI card and what is PVR short for?

Back
Top Bottom