Few from this afternoon

Associate
Hiya, just a few from this afternoon, nothing special.

C&C please, i like to learn, and i think i've annoyed the people in the ocuk irc channel enough for one day :p

ducks%20crop%20640.jpg

swan2%20640.jpg

Thanks,

Dan xx

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The first one is the best. The reeds in the second are very distracting.

There both quite soft however, next time try putting it in AV mode and stop the kit lens down to f/8, they should be slightly sharper then.

Associate
OP
thanks very much, ill take that into consideration next time.

more some reason. lots of the shots i have taken have been very soft, not sure why :/

Associate
I like the first shot, although I'm not really sure where to look. You did better than my attempts this afternoon (see my thread) at capturing aquatic birds :p

Soldato
Ok first tip. Get lower. Don't stand above your subjects and look down on them. It doesn't work for snooty kings, it doesn't work for photographers :) The composition is a bit off on the little ducks. The brown one is a bit too close to the frame, as is the reflection of one of the ducks at the bottom of the frame. Overcast days don't really create the nicest water to look at either.

The swans. The detail is lost on the rear swan. You can't really make out its feathers. The composition is better on this one. However. The out of focus reeds don't seem to enhance the shot and the closer swan is too close to the frame. Swans are elegant creatures. Your photo should reflect that in some way. Whether its gracefully gliding across a lake, or in the worst place in the world standing out as a symbol of perfection.

Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom