alcohol..why?!?!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I agree with the OP and find it rather pointless and people use any reason to drink.
I hate alcohole and wont touch it(yes ive tasted a lot of it and its something my tastebuds hate) and i know too many bad things thats happend to people i know from drinking.
So there for i dont drink.
I dont stop others from drinking but i do make sure they are carefull about it and not to over do it though.

Edit: If i want to feel good and have fun i do other stuff like drive, play sport, muck around on the computer

If im down and feeling terrible about something i dont go drink to forget what happend i face the problem head on no matter how big it is and solve it and get over it like that.

I dont use alcohole to get girls either, if they are drunk im not going to take advantage of that situation. If i want a girl ill build up a relationship by just being me and myself and not be fueled by alcohole.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree 100% with the original poster.

I don't drink, never have and never will. People always laugh at me about it in college but to be honest I see no point in spending a fortune on liquid, getting drunk, making a fool of yourself, waking up the next morning feeling like your going to die, peeing all that you drank out and finally not remembering much of what happened the previous night (in most cases). I think if you need alcohol to give you a good time then you have a serious problem. I understand the social side of things like being with friends in the pub, but you don't need alcohol to do that.

Alcohol is a big contributer to most of the things in our society that we frown at such as drink driving, violence, drug abuse and even distruction and pollution. I honestly think we'd be better off without it.

Permabanned
matthew_o50 said:
I agree 100% with the original poster.

I don't drink, never have and never will. People always laugh at me about it in college but to be honest I see no point in spending a fortune on liquid, getting drunk, making a fool of yourself, waking up the next morning feeling like your going to die, peeing all that you drank out and finally not remembering much of what happened the previous night (in most cases). I think if you need alcohol to give you a good time then you have a serious problem. I understand the social side of things like being with friends in the pub, but you don't need alcohol to do that.

Alcohol is a big contributer to most of the things in our society that we frown at such as drink driving, violence, drug abuse and even distruction and pollution. I honestly think we'd be better off without it.

Blasphemy! :eek:

Soldato
personally i do drink a lot and then regret it massivley the next day when i think i might die and give the classic call "im never drinking again".

ive found that my hangovers have got worse and worse over the past year or so and so i probably should be cutting it out all together. :eek:

Associate
I think most people here who are anti alcohol are making a wrong assumption.

You are assuming that to drink, you have to be drunk.

I can hapily have 1 or 2 drinks, feel great but not have any of the reprocutions.

Soldato
Alcohol is the way forward in my eyes, been pretty down the last month or two and it has helped with the 'forget problem and go out and party mood.'

Some of the most comedy situations have been the result of alcohol for me, and my fishing village lifestyle would be pretty dull without it.

Soldato
OP
Sic said:
because it works at all of those things. you could just as easily say "why go out in a car? it could crash and you might die"

let's stop doing everything that could potentially harm us, and see how fun our day is.

your example is flawed... crashing car is not inevitible no matter how much you drive. you may increase the probability of crashing (because you drive a lot) but its not to say you will have an accident. Compare that with drinking alcohol. if you drink a lot it WILL damage your liver and kidneys and you WILL die.

driving a car a lot may make you tired but drinking a lot makes you inebriated and you WILL lose your inhibitions, being unable focus and concentrate... ending up doing things you then later regret (sleeping with someone you didnt want to; being coersed easily)

Soldato
Alcohol is a very individual thing. If I'm in the right frame of mind, no problem. But if I'm got something on my mind or I'm feeling sad about something its the worst thing.

I never take it too far now because when my mum died I hit the bottle in a big way. So if I take it too far some of those memories come back. A bit deep I know but thats what it does to me.

A few drinks, just to mellow out, that works though.

Soldato
Rich_L said:
If by boring you mean less likely to overcome their inhibitions and succumb to my special brand of animal magnetism, then yes, they are boring.

:p

does the L in Rich_L stand for Legend? it should do :p

i drink, regularly, but not to great extent regularly... as in i'll have a pint a day, or a glass of wine every now and again.
i'll go out on the town once a fortnight and have a few more, its just interesting - it doesnt mean the going out would not be interesting if i didnt drink.

to matthew_o50

i really dont see how getting rid of alcohol would accomplish much, getting rid of alcohol abusers that use alcohol in the manner you have stated would fix enough of the problem!
dont blame the whole for a minorities problems ;)

Associate
I do agree that alcohol is something that most people could do without in this country. Then again I can think of nothing better than a nice cold pint after a band recording session at uni. 12 hours of listening to the worst of south wales play does tend to wind you up a bit.

I'm not a fan of people who blast alcohol when they don't even drink it and for those who say they don't like the taste, you do even realize that all drinks taste different? Try something new, you don't have to get drunk and you may be supprised.

In my honest opinion our drug control laws in this country are a joke. Instead of debating whether or not alchohol should be banned we should be talking about why other drugs, such as cannabis are illegal. Why is something with no recorded fatalities banned.

For anyone who attacks this statement saying the country will turn into a nation of stoners I give you this. Why would the unbanning of a drug mean it's widespread use. People who wont touch it now arn't more likely to touch it when it's legal. The public arn't idiots.

Just my own views

Che

Che

Associate
I don't drink because it's a crap drug: it makes me feel sick, it costs a lot of money, it has a long and arduous hangover period, it's unhealthy, it's awkward to consume and it has a tendency to cause emotional outburts.

People who like to get drunk are doing so because they like the effect of that drug but for whatever reason don't like to admit that they like getting "high", there's no two ways about it. Enjoying getting drunk but looking down on drug users is hypocrisy, pure and simple.

Ready, steady, Go!

Soldato
OP
InsomniaCalls said:
Not if you're drinking in trustworthy company.
I can have a drink with my mates without ever worrying I might jump into bed with them! ;)

really? does trustworthy mean that one person doesnt drink so the rest of you can? surely if everyone is drunk theyre no help to you if you get into trouble...

(obviously if all your mates mates are male and youre not gay then you wont be jumping into bed with them ;) or would you?! :p)

Soldato
Superdude said:
In my honest opinion our drug control laws in this country are a joke. Instead of debating whether or not alchohol should be banned we should be talking about why other drugs, such as cannabis are illegal. Why is something with no recorded fatalities banned.

if you wanna talk about this some more feel free to email me, no recorded fatalities caused directly, but what about developed schizophrenia (sp) resulting in suicide?

sorry for a slight derailment.

Back
Top Bottom