Television for Blind people? The Apprentice UK

Associate
I just watched the latest Apprentice UK episode and there was this lady narrator, as well as the normal man who does it.

She had this real boring, plain voice and was saying things like...

"Sir alan has an angry look on his face"
"Sayid looked shocked"
"Dim twiched his head to releave pressure"
"Sir Alan walked into the board room, and sat between his two assistants, he looks angry"

etc

I never realised they made shows for blind people, cool i guess... a bit annoying though, when you aren't blind

Soldato
Uh, so if you're not blind, why watch the blind person's version?

I think it's a very good idea to have those features available, I know I'd hate being blind, and would most probably appreciate some extra help so I could enjoy a TV show.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Chronos-X said:
Whats the point in telling a blind person that someone has an angry look on their face? Can't be helpful to them.

Of course it can. It sets the scene for them. Granted if they have been blind their entire life, they wouldn't know. But if you lost sight, then it's useful.

Suspended
it does make my chuckle late at night when they have the people signing for the music channels on Sky :D

I think that its great to have these people describing the show but i wish it was an option that could be turned on and off!

Che

Che

Associate
What time was this on? I always watch repeats of great shows when they're replayed with sign language on at ungodly hours in the morning.

Associate
OP
Well i didn't have time to watch it on TV last night, so i had to watch it by means i can't say on this forum

usually i watch the wednesday night show, and the lady narrator doesnt seem to be on it

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
ArmyofHarmony said:
Well i didn't have time to watch it on TV last night, so i had to watch it by means i can't say on this forum

usually i watch the wednesday night show, and the lady narrator doesnt seem to be on it

www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice ... you can watch the show as soon as it has finished on BBC2. So if you miss it next time, worth a shot there.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
ArmyofHarmony said:
cheers

i just assumed that site was for "extras" ... like out takes etc

Me too. Was a bit of a bonus today when I found it :) Although, tbh, it doesn't measure up to a capture, the BBC do compress it a fair amount. I must remember to record it next time.

Soldato
Don't you find that the people on the apprentice are mainly power-dressing brill cream type people who talk mostly rubbish?

I think the funniest bits are when Alan Sugar is telling off the losing team in the boardroom, that's classic.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Triad2000 said:
Don't you find that the people on the apprentice are mainly power-dressing brill cream type people who talk mostly rubbish?

I think the funniest bits are when Alan Sugar is telling off the losing team in the boardroom, that's classic.

Indeed. I find it hilarious that they're selected from the cream of the crop of societies 'high fliers' ... I'm certain I could do a better job and explain myself much better than the bird who just got the boot.

Soldato
They seem to go in there and think they know everything about the business world, and look quite shocked when they're getting a telling off. :p Classic TV.

Soldato
Having the telly text on is funny sometimes:

SHOUTS "you dont love me anymore"
(sound of crying)
ANGRILY "Shut up you ****"
(sound of face being slapped)
(Door Slams)
(sounds of footsteps on stairs)
(muffled crying)
(BANG)
(sound of Body hitting floor)

Back